Erorr to load theme Editor AND All Add to Cart buttons disappeared

WendyFlatlay
1 0 0

HI all, 

I have the Palo Alto theme. Amazing theme, so happy. Until, trouble started a few days ago when I couldn't access Editor when trying to customize the theme. 

After trying to troubleshoot, I assumed it was an app I had recently downloaded, so I basically deleted all apps.

Still no luck. Luckily, I had a good sales day and my storefront didn't seem to be affected. Reached out to my agency to try help. Yesterday, they "I’ve tried to reverse to some backups but it didn’t seem to fix the issue"

Then, all of a sudden today, my storefront is majorly affected - all of my "add to cart" buttons have disappeared. My images are loading weirdly - no longer in carousel.  I only know because I had a client make contact and tell me she can't add a product to cart. Talk about losing sales!  I know there is an error in the code somewhere and maybe the apps I deleted have some leftover gremlin code messing with my product page etc. I have searched long and hard on community forum and found the following threads that are of value (Add to cart button disappears) and ( this one here) but I still cannot resolve this. 

The only way I resolved the buttons and got them to reappear was to delete the following code in my theme.liquid file as below. However, when I delete it, then every single image on my website disappears. I don't know the next step. 

</script>
<script src="{{ 'lazysizes.min.js' | asset_url }}"></script>

What is the cause of the issue? An app or my theme and the way the Lazyload has been integrated? I have deleted all SEO apps that are associated with SEO optimisation. I have deleted and disabled all apps associated with inventory control (Back in Stock app) and disabled all Vitals apps ( i previously has stock scarcity enabled and preorders). I disabled the Wishlist function from my Growave app but I don't think it's this as this was the only button still showing on the product page because it was custom code from the app developer.

Now after deleting so many apps, I can edit my theme again but I still can't get the add to Cart back unless I delete above snippet whereby all my images disappear.

Screenshot of current view of product page. All buttons missing. 

Current situation with no Add to Cart buttons. The shopping cart icon in top right opens up blank.Current situation with no Add to Cart buttons. The shopping cart icon in top right opens up blank.When I remove the lazy script from theme.liquid, the buttons reappear but images on website completely disappear. Now the cart icon redirects to the cart page. COuld there be a redirect or checkout or cart setting that is actually the cause?When I remove the lazy script from theme.liquid, the buttons reappear but images on website completely disappear. Now the cart icon redirects to the cart page. COuld there be a redirect or checkout or cart setting that is actually the cause?

And screenshot of when snippet is deleted and buttons reappear but all images disappear.

I'm missing a step here - HELP! I am not a coder. Should I try update the theme??????

0 Likes