Error Message When Publishing to Ebay

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am a newbie and to be honest, a little frustrated today with trying to publish to Ebay.  I have checked my email on Shopify, Ebay, and PayPal but still getting this error.  I would appreciate any help or suggestion.  Thanks!

Failed to publish offer: A user error has occurred. The email address you entered isn't linked to a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll need to set one up with this email address so that buyers can pay you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
557 24 59

Hi there @ItsStormie!

Don here from Shopify. :)

It is difficult for us to provide support in this instance, as third-party channels such as this one are supported by eBay (in this case) so you would need to reach out to them for support.

A good first step when troubleshooting online is always to clear your browser cache and saved data.

There are guides here on how to do so for most major browsers, and it is always worth trying a private browsing window (like incognito mode in Google Chrome) as cacheless browsers will help you to determine if the issue is localised to your browser cache.

In the same way, it is always worth trying a different browser, device or even internet connection (using your wifi or wired connection if you were using your phone data and vice-versa).

Should this alone not resolve the issue, you can reach out to eBay channel support using these contact details:

They would be responsible for providing support for this channel and should be able to help you troubleshoot any account or other issues you are experiencing.

Are you posting to channels like this as a core part of your business or marketing strategy?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes