Solved

How to fix invalid targeting spec error in Facebook Ads Manager?

bestypuspa
Tourist
8 1 3
Hello, I'm reaching out to you to ask about the problem I encountered with Facebook Ads Manager. I hope that you can help. 

Today, I wanted to set the Ad Campaign and Ad Set on Facebook. I wanted to set all e-packet countries for targeting option, so I chose Add Locatios By Bulk, and added the e-packet countries I wanted to target. Facebook then recognized the countries I selected as it showed the Match Locations option, where I could confirm whether the countries I added were on their list. 

But, then an error message occurred. As you can see in the attached screenshot, on the right side, there was this notification saying 
Fix 1 Error in 1 Ad Set. Invalid Targeting Spec: The specified targeting spec is not valid because: The field id is not a valid target spec field (#1487079).

I tried to browse looking for what this means, but couldn't find anything to resolve this issue. 
Have you ever had similar experience like this? I would really appreciate any useful advice. 

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (3)

Darvis
Visitor
1 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

In my case I just Reload the page and started over and then it works! 

View solution in original post

bestypuspa
Tourist
8 1 3

Thank you for your response. It is indeed a bug.

What I did last night since I couldn't resolve it, I just turned off my laptop, stopped working and tried whatever I could to switch my mind. 
This morning, I opened my Ads Manager and tried to create the same Adset again...and everything turned out OK!
I guess Facebook Bug is something that would eventually recover itself after a while?

chemolguy
Excursionist
11 1 3

I had the same bug, just wait a little this should be ok...

Replies 10 (10)

Manager
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

You can find a discuss about that error. It's Facebook's bug!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PPC/comments/dgc9go/has_anyone_ever_received_this_targeting_error_on/

PoppatJamals
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi i add my facebook to shopify facebook shop option.But our products not showing in facebook i try to customercare chat option its also not working

BULLET
Visitor
1 0 0

Please how can I resolve the error below. This has been bugging me for a month now and I have emailed facebook customer service help and shopify experts nobody has replied.

Invalid link URL Provided: The link URL https://eco-kitchenstuff.com/ used in the Ad is invalid. Please use a different URL and try again. (#2490193) 

EcomStar
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue. Do someone know how to fix it?

Letiprada
Visitor
1 0 0

I have been having the same problem since this morning. Apparently is a Facebook bug, but not very sure about that. Here some people have shared some ways to fix the problem (it hasn't worked for me), so you can try and see if it works for you! https://www.reddit.com/r/PPC/comments/dgc9go/has_anyone_ever_received_this_targeting_error_on/

bestypuspa
Tourist
8 1 3
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I also saw the link while I was trying to google this issue, but I haven't been able to open this link. It always asked me to reload, and I found it so frustrating :(.
If you can still open the link, can you copy and paste any info on ways to fix it here? I would really appreciate it.

Darvis
Visitor
1 1 1

In my case I just Reload the page and started over and then it works! 

bestypuspa
Tourist
8 1 3

Thank you for your response. It is indeed a bug.

What I did last night since I couldn't resolve it, I just turned off my laptop, stopped working and tried whatever I could to switch my mind. 
This morning, I opened my Ads Manager and tried to create the same Adset again...and everything turned out OK!
I guess Facebook Bug is something that would eventually recover itself after a while?

chemolguy
Excursionist
11 1 3

I had the same bug, just wait a little this should be ok...

pastorshanewall
Visitor
1 0 0

I turned off Dynamic creative and turned it back on and cleared the error.