Can I create a countdown timer for limited time offers on Shopify?

mexican-hippo
Tourist
10 0 5

I want make a limited time offer and have a countdown timer count down until the offer expires.

So does anybody know how to make a countdown timer that starts when a page is visited.

Thank You

Replies 2 (2)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey @mexican-hippo 

Eunice here from Shopify, thanks for posting!

The easiest way to produce a countdown timer for your store is to install a countdown timer app from the Shopify App Store. I've gathered some recommendations for you below:

1. Countdown Timer Bar Urgency - this app has a free plan available and has multiple types of countdown timers to choose from, such as visitor session-based countdown and daily/weekly countdown.
2. Countdown Timer Bar - this has a free plan available too and can also translate the countdown timer bars into multiple languages.
3. Sales Pop Master - Countdown - this app starts from $9.99 USD per month but does come with a free 3-day trial. This app has a few additional features that create a sense of urgency, such as showcasing products that have been already been sold or added to cart.

There are a lot more countdown apps available, to view them all click here.

From your message, it sounds like the offer you are creating could only be available for a small amount of time. In this case, I advise using one of the countdown apps with a free plan for now. If you gain more sales through the offer and plan to run more, then it would be a good time to look at choosing a paid plan to access more of the advanced features. 

Hope this helps! If you have any questions please sing out here.

Cheers!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

vrundap
Excursionist
26 0 4

@mexican-hippo,

Customers are spoilt for choice these days. They generally prefer to shop online from a store which gives them offers and discounts. If you also offer cashback offers, discounts, etc., you can also gain more traction. However, to take more advantage of these cashback offers, discounts, sales, you can make them time-bound. Limited-time offers and discounts create the Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) in customers. It is a common strategy that retailers use to get more sales in less time. There are various best-abandoned cart apps for Shopify that help you display a count-down timer.

Our count-down timer can also help you attract more customers and achieve higher sales. It has the following features.

• Custom Timer – You can create a timer and choose to enable it to show to your customers or disable it.
  • Customization Settings – Once you create the timer, you can customize its text, style settings like color, font, alignment, etc. This app also lets you configure the date and time up to which the offer is available to show on your storefront.
  • Timer Listings – As a merchant, you can view/edit/delete any timer out of a list of the timers you have set for your various store products.
AppJetty Apps to Improve Sales: CommerceXpand & Delivery Date Manager