Export Product ID & Component ID

Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm really stuck with this one so any help will be massively appreciated!

I've built a website using Webflow and I use the Shopify Button component to allow users to buy products.

We've tried and tested this with another website with 120 products and it works amazingly well.

The problem I have is... our next website has 10,000 products, so I clearly can't go through each one creating a 'Button' to get the Button code.

Is there a way/app/hack I can use to export every produce ID and component ID so I can make these 'Buy Now' buttons?

Any help will be massively appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 151

Hey, there. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

Since the Buy Button is used to process sensitive information from you and your customers it's currently required to make each button one at a time. Currently, the products need to be connected to each button individually associated with the settings that you set. 

I definitely see why this would make your life so much easier if there was a way to make multiple buttons all at once since you have 10k products. Since it isn't available in the Store Admin at the moment I am going to add a merchant frustration so our team can take a closer look to see if this would be able to be done at some point in the future. I can't promise when or if this will be able to be done, but I agree with you that this would be a great idea.

At Shopify, we're constantly looking for ways to improve the process of starting/maintaining an online store so these suggestions help us to better the process for you. The feedback is very helpful.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
102 8 20

Just an Idea :)

You can get all your product IDs using an app like https://apps.shopify.com/product-and-variant-ids

As for your component ID, thats a little harder.  However if you have a Dev with good JS Skills, you could see _if_ its possible to whip them together using the Buy Button SDK.

https://shopify.dev/tools/libraries/storefront-api/javascript

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes this would be really useful as it's a bit of a hassle to keep going back and creating buy buttons for so many products! Thank you.

0 Likes