External domain not working?

2 0 0

Don't know if this is the right place. I'm using ionos for my domain provider and I tried to use my domain for my Shopify store. I set the CNAME to shops.myshopify.com and A to 23.227.38.32.

My site is connected to Shopify but it doesnt work.

My store: wiesnkindl.myshopify.com and external domain wiesn-kindl.de

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 37 80

Hey there,  

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this. It sounds like you have already familiarised yourself with our help doc on connecting an existing domain to Shopify, I will, however, share it again for anyone else in the community who may be experiencing difficulty connecting their domain.

Sometimes it can take a domain host up to 24 hours to propagate changed DNS records such as CNAMES and A Records. If 24 hours have not already passed I would recommend waiting them out and trying again as there is no way to expedite this. If 24 hours have already passed it sounds like there may be another issue. When connecting a domain to Shopify, sometimes, AAAA records can prevent the connection from being established. Could you please log in to your Ionos dashboard and removing any AAAA Records so that the connection can be made and the SSL certs can be provisioned? I would then recommend checking out Whatsmydns.net, this resource allows you to track the progress of this propagation.

Once this is all done please do get back to me if the SSL certs do not propagate by themselves, and I can take a further look.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you for your message.

I changed the DNS and Cname more than 24 hours ago. Nothing have changed since then. I used whatsmydns.net it looks everything is correct configured.

If I open my website it looks like its already ionos, but the linking should be okay. So what can I do?
Is it necessary to order a SSL certificate to get it working?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 37 80

Hey there, @maxitrader 

Thank you for getting back to me. I took a look at your URL and found that this has been resolved, sometimes these things just need time. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes