External domain not working?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Don't know if this is the right place. I'm using freenom.com for my domain provider and I tried to use my domain for my Shopify store. I set the CNAME to shops.myshopify.com and A to 23.227.38.32 but Shopify still says there's no CNAME or A set. Please help, my domain has been down for hours because of this!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 0
Hey,

Can you confirm if there are any other conflicting cname or A records that might be causing the issue?

Happy to look into it further if you want to share screenshots or contact directly. This should be relatively easy.

Thanks
Shopify Consultant
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
No, there were not any other records. Thanks for your help, but I'm going to purchase a .com domain for my shop from another provider.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3252 245 558

Don't know if this is the right place. I'm using freenom.com for my domain provider and I tried to use my domain for my Shopify store. I set the CNAME to shops.myshopify.com and A to 23.227.38.32 but Shopify still says there's no CNAME or A set. Please help, my domain has been down for hours because of this!

Hi @False,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Something to note is that it can take up to 48 hrs for domain changes to come into play. Can I ask when you set the CNAME and A record to your Shopify store? Would you also be able to send the .myshopify.com URL, please? 

Just to make sure we are all on the same page. I am going to connect you to the Shopify domain setup guide going through all the steps for how to set up a third party domain here. I also took a look on Freenom.com and found they have a guide going through all the steps for where to set the CNAME and A record which you can see here. I'm not familiar with Freenom.com myself and without going into your account on Freenom it's hard to see what the problem might be. Another idea could be to ring their support team directly. The support team at Freenom would know better than anyone for how to make these settings. You can see the phone number in the image below.

19-26-4s7v5-frtx2

Should you have any other questions about this don't hesitate to let me know or to reach out to the Shopify support team from the link here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi

i am having a problem connecting my freenom domain to shopify.freenom.PNGCattura.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3252 245 558

Hi @beatsing,

It seems like it is just the A-Record you need to correct here. From your screenshot, it looks like you need to fill in the name section. You can see the help guide Shopify has for this here, but it might be worth reaching out to Freenom directly about it to be 100% sure what they require for that section as each domain host is different. You can see Freenom's support guide on how to setup A-Records and CNAMES here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes