Facebook Commerce Account Error Message

Avi2ra
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi, I've been trying to setup my Facebook store with my Shopify store but during setup, I came across the error message, "To continue selling on Instagram, we need to delete your current Commerce Account and create a new one with your Shopify information and products" and the only option it gives me is to "delete and continue". I had tried to set-up my Facebook store previously but decided to deactivate it because I felt like I needed more time to set-up. Now that I'm ready, it's stopped me in the process where I've never had this issue previously. I've had my Facebook Commerce Account for a while, I even have 15K people that have liked and connected on my store's Facebook account. I'm unsure what deleting my Commerce account will lead to. Any information will be greatly appreciated, I'm really stuck here. Thank you in advance! 

Replies 13 (13)

Tiffany16
13 0 0

I've been dealing with the same thing I contacted Facebook and they were no help at all they said I didn't have one to delete. 

Becky66
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I have had the same problem have you been able to resolve it?

mohamudul
Tourist
8 0 0

hii

ive been trying to connect my facebook shop but its not working in some point.. To continue selling on Instagram, we need to delete your current Commerce Account and create a new one with your Shopify information and products. please help me

thank you

charovetchy
Excursionist
11 0 4

Ha anyone found a solution to this? I keep on getting an error on the last step of the set up which is connecting my facebook commerce account. It just says error. 

Estuff
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes, Try using Firefox or other browser, if you get past error go back to chrome and all is well, I hope it works for you.

ichilly
Visitor
1 0 0

This is soooo dumb LMAO that advice actually works. Been trying to figure this out for months and all I had to do was change the browsers. Insane.

whitebirchlane
Visitor
1 0 0

I am using Firefox and I'm still receiving the message. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I did a chat session with Facebook but that wasn't much help at all.

GolangStudio
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same problem, and was worried since I also have about 40 pages I manage, and have several business accounts.  I created a separate business account for the business page I wanted Shopify on, (my first store with Shopify) then created my shopify, linked them together, and this is when I got that error "shopify needs to replace commerce account".  I opened up Internet Explorer, (I use Chrome) ugh I hate IE... logged in, and clicked on the button to replace, and held my breath.  It looked like it was going to reset everything I just had worked on, but the process was painless, took about 3mins, and I didn't loose anything on the other accounts. 

Hope this helps.  PM me if you need additional help, and I can try my best.  

Lets do great things together!
heavyend81
Excursionist
12 0 4

I'm also just at that point in setting up Facebook with Shopify where the box lights up saying : "It looks like Commerce account, xxxxxxxx, already exists on Facebook. We need to create a new account with your Shopify information and products to get you setup for selling".  'Replace Commerce Account". This is the bit that scares me. From what you say it seemed to work but can you tell us if it affected your Instagram feed/followers etc (assuming you use Instagram also), or was it all ok. Many thanks in advance

heavyend81
Excursionist
12 0 4

Having spent 3 hours talking to support on the chat line only to be told it was a facebook problem in the end is quite shocking. I then spoke to facebook for two hours to again be told it was a bug and are getting some team or other to look into it and I should wait 2 days...... 2 days ffs. I am trying to run a business here. I was (and still am luckily) with Wix before moving over to these clowns at a cost of £400 for theme and all the other crap that goes with it . I spent two weeks building my website which all works with hundreds of products only to find out it won't connect to facebook because Shopify don't know how to sort an endless problem...along with FB. I think I shall just spend another two weeks now re-populating my Wix site ,yes I know its clumsy and not as flash as Shopify but AT LEAST IT WORKS and support is better. I just knew I should have gone to Woo instead of these chumps.

heavyend81
Excursionist
12 0 4

...right, after my previous very late into the night rant I finally got somewhere. Firstly where Shopify keeps flagging up unable to replace Commerce Account. I discovered from a very helpful support member on Facebook that you have to...assuming you are trying to replace an existing website feed to Facebook (in my case I am building a completely new site with new domain to replace the old Wix one) you first have to go to the host (in my case Wix) and de-activate the Facebook connection, which scary as it was just deleted the commerce account. I than went back to shopify and it went through the process of set up which thankfully got me over that hurdle. Back in FB I set up  my new catalogue from shopify, make sure you give it a name that identifies clearly with Shopify as it can be confusing. Once that was done I just deleted all the old catalogues which was 3 in my case so I could have a clean an area as possible. You then have to go through all the rigmaroll of creating and adding pixels and google bits etc. A bit of a pita but after several hours I finally got there. Don't ask me for a breakdown how I  did it as it was a lot of shooting in the dark. The FB verification code along with the Google Tag must be correctly added in the line immediately after Edit Code/liquid.theme/<head>. place curser after <head> and hit return to move down to the next line and that is where you add your code for each instance. I also learned that facebook shop seems to reject any products that are not jpeg, in my case was over 90 but as I am not using FB shop (or don't care about it) I am happy so long as it all goes through to Instagram which is what it does, the whole catalogue. 

dharo-aguayo
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi there,

I am in the same boat. I have already a Business Facebook account, and when instaling the new Facebook App in my Shopify store, I don't know what does "Replace Commerce Account" means. What about all my likes, and my followers? 

Any input there?

Thank you,

Estuff
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi All,  Was getting no error msg but couldn't complete FB setup from Shopify - Replace Commerce Account, I was using Chrome but tried Firefox and it worked BUT need to sort this msg... 

Check your extensions or privacy settings to start using Facebook

You might have extensions or strict privacy settings preventing you from connecting to Facebook. Use a different browser or check your privacy settings on Firefox.

Just went back to Chrome, ALL FIXED.