Facebook Marketing Stats

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

We have started using Facebook marketing more, and finding that we are gaining more visits to the website because of it.

The only issue is that the stats listed in Facebook Ad Manager are very different to the stats in the Shopify app, and we think both are wrong and not communicating with eachother properly.

We obviously want to know if it's worth our investment in Facebook marketing, and need correct stats!

Any hints or tricks you know of to make sure our stats are correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
533 31 84

Hi, @jason001.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm glad to hear that you're getting more traffic to your store after marketing on Facebook. There are a few reasons on why discrepancies can occur between Facebook and Shopify.

It can take up to 24 hours for data to sync to the reports and metrics on Facebook, and there are differences on how integrations for sales are handled between third-party platforms. You can check out our help doc here for more information: Discrepancies in report data for marketing activities created in Shopify. This help doc explains what kind of differences you may see in attribution and ad spend reports.

Has it been over 24 hours since the reports were pulled? If it hasn't, I recommend waiting for this period to pass and if you still see a discrepancy for a particular date, please reply to this thread and I can take a look at your store.

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Tira,

Thanks for your reply.

It has been about a month now since we implemented Facebook marketing, and none of the statistics are correctly updating.

For example in the shopify app it says no Facebook Marketing has resulted in sales, yet we know if has, and it has results listed in Facebook ad analytics. This is since we implemented the Facebook marketing app.

Obviously management want to see the results for the investment, and the analytics in the shopify app give us nothing.

Hope you can help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
533 31 84

Thanks for your reply and update, @jason001

I would like to take a closer look at your store to dig into this further for you. I've sent you an email to the email address listed on your Shopify Community forums profile. 

Could you please take a look at your inbox? Once I hear from you, I can look into your store and we can move forward with troubleshooting this together. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes