Facebook Sales Channel not passing attributes to Facebook Catalog

Tudi
Excursionist
14 1 1

Hi, 

I've recently connected the Facebook Sales Channel and it created an automated catalog and respective feed with my available products (I used Flexify before).

Everything works smoothly, the main data like title, description, condition and price gets passed through and updates regularly. However, I'm having a hard time understanding how I can pass attributes like "Age Group", "Gender" or "Product Type" into my catalog. 

For starters, the Facebook catalogue doesn't pick up my "Product Type" attribute that I set up on my product pages. And for other attributes like "Age Group" or "Gender" I simply cannot even add those fields in the bulk editor (that you access from the Facebook Sales Channel).

The reason I need to pass on either one of these attributes is that I want to create sets inside my FB catalogue via filters. I have a toy store and I want to segment my ads based on groups of items aimed at the correct age groups.

Any idea how I can do this? I'm pulling my hair trying to figure out how to do this via the Facebook Sales Channel and not have to revert to another paid external app like Flexify.

Cheers!
Tudor

Reply 1 (1)

Lost_Arrows
Tourist
10 0 20

Wondering about this too. Editing the metafields using the bulk editor is painfully slow as is and it's a bummer they don't carry over.