Facebook / Shopify setting up problem

ghmikou
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm experiencing some problems while setting up my Facebook/Instagram Shopping with my Shopify account.

I had the domain problem (because I linked FB as a sales channel before I buy my domain) and tried to delete my FB business manager to start the process from the beginning.

Now I can't link my fb/instagram page, and I neither can verify my .myshopify.com domain using the Meta-tag method, while I followed all the instructions here

Can you please help ? From the Business Manager, I got stuck too. 

Have a wonderful day

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @ghmikou!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm glad to hear that you're working on setting up the Facebook channel; this is a great way to promote your products on Facebook and Instagram.

To connect your Facebook and Instagram accounts with Shopify, you'll first need to follow our instructions on setting up the Facebook channel. There, you'll notice a section on Basic requirements, which outlines how your Facebook Business Manager account needs to be configured. This should help clear up any issues that you may be experiencing with Facebook Business Manager specifically.

Once you've made sure that your Facebook account meets those requirements, you can then proceed through the rest of the installation steps, which include domain verification.

I understand that you're experiencing issues with the meta tag verification method; if you are still experiencing issues after trying again once the Facebook channel is installed, then I suggest using the DNS verification method instead. You can use the DNS verification method with your custom domain (rather than your myshopify.com URL), and steps on how to verify your domain using the DNS verification method can be found in this Facebook help doc. There, you'll also find a video that will walk you through the process.

If you are still hitting a roadblock with the domain verification process, feel free to review this forum post on verifying your domain with Facebook. It's quite lengthy, but you should find some pointers in there to help guide you along! Otherwise, I suggest reaching out to our live Support team via our Help Center. Our Support team will be able to access your admin and take a look at things on end so they can offer further assistance. You can find all of our contact options directly on our Support page once you enter a query in the "Ask about a topic" field. 

I hope this guides you in the right direction!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog