Facebook Store Setup/500 Internal Server Error

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I recently launched my store and would like to add the Facebook and Instagram applications to my online store. When I go through the process to connect my page I receive the follow error message: 

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

I've googled this error multiple times and can't find any guide that directly relates to my situation. Can anyone in this board please assist me? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
546 60 90

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @designhelpvcv

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

Do you get that error message after accepting the Facebook Terms and Conditions by any chance?

The Terms and Conditions page via the Facebook Shop sales channel is generated by Facebook, and so Shopify doesn’t have a way to troubleshoot it. However, we have noticed that updated browsers that support cross-site tracking tend to affect this process. 

Therefore, please try turning off the feature in your browser, following these steps:

If you are using Safari:

• Please go to ‘Preferences > Privacy’ and make sure this field is not checked:

20-04-765su-pym8j

If you are using Chrome:

• Please go to  ‘Settings > Privacy and security > More’ and disable this:

20-04-ae5wv-5h663

Once you've disabled the above setting in your browser, please try to connect your Facebook Page in your Shopify admin as normal. Let me know how it turns out!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you. I was able to install the Facebook application when I tried using a different domain (Chrome).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

disabling the website cross tracking on safari worked for me . thanks .

0 Likes