Facebook Videos on product pages - Displaying on Desktop but not Mobile

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Community,

Been sourcing solutions here for a while so thought it was time I began contributing and posting some questions I had. Hope this helps resolve some things for others as well.

Just recently started up with a new supplier who is reworking their website, so right now the only showcases of their products are on their Facebook page.

Images were easy to source, but there are some videos that we'd love to include, just been having some trouble with it displaying correctly on mobile.

Desktop is fine, and here's the process we sorted out to get them to display on desktop. Find the FB video, then hit the "Three dots" on top right > Embed. We're then brought to the FB Code Generator page for the video, where we can scroll the video and click the "Get Code" button.

A pop up then displays with two snippets...a header code up top with this text, "Step 1: Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening body tag."

A second code is below that with the text, "Step 2: Place this code wherever you want the plugin to appear on your page."

We simply pasted the Step 1 code first in the html text portion of the backend product page editor, then the Step 2 code directly after. Shows up great for desktop, but for mobile we just get two lovely horizontal bars. Here's an example of what we mean:

Desktop View

Desktop View.PNG

Mobile View

Mobile View.png

Any info or help with this would be greatly appreciated, because this is a very up and coming supplier, and we want to help them best we can

Much Appreciation,
- Tyler Moon
0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1087 180 214

Hello,

Thank you for your question. 

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Diego,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it

Store URL: https://twotidesaquariumsupply.com/

Page URL: https://twotidesaquariumsupply.com/products/custom-cnc-cut-polycarbonate-aquarium-lid?_pos=1&_sid=41...

No password as we've been operational for over 2 years 

Much Appreciation,

- Tyler Moon

0 Likes