Solved

Facebook and Collections: Collections are not syncing to Facebook shop/catalog

neil_and_clark
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

My collections are not syncing to my Facebook shop catalog.

Facebook is enabled as a sales channel for the collections

I need to select specific collections to set up Dynanmic Product ads in Facebook Ads Manager, but most of my collections are missing.

Help please?

Accepted Solution (1)
Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @neil_and_clark!

Thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like you may need to talk to Facebook if there's a missing link to your collections. I've outlined below how you can contact them.

Merchants with an already existing Business Page on Facebook will be able to access the live chat service. (There have been some cases of live chat not functioning for all business pages, to resolve this, you may need to reach out to Facebook through email by filling out a form found through Facebook's Help Center.)

You can access the live chat service by visiting this link while logged into your Facebook Business Manager account.

To start, click on the "Find answers or contact support" button.

Like Shopify support, you will have to fill out the prompts for your specific questions and then click on "chat with a representative" if the documents are unhelpful or you wish to have live support.

Facebook Live Chat is available to merchants between 9AM EST - 11PM EST. You will not be able to access this support channel outside of these hours and will be prompted to get in touch with Support via email. Facebook does also shut off their chat feature when the capacity is too high, so the chat may appear unavailable at any time. You will see the following message and will have to try again later.

As an alternative, you can also fill out a support form here. You must be logged into Facebook for this link to work.

If they're unable to assist, our live support might also be able to help. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @neil_and_clark!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. When it comes to dynamic ads on Facebook, you're not able to select products or collections in order to create them. A dynamic ad promotes products by using Facebook pixel data to retarget visitors with products they viewed or added to their cart. This means every published product is automatically included in the ad you create.

Facebook dynamic retargeting ads (also known as DPAs -- dynamic product ads) promote relevant products to customers who have visited your online store. Facebook tracks visitor behaviour on the online store using the Facebook pixel (which is connected during Facebook Channel onboarding), and then builds an audience of visitors who were active on the store in the last 30 days. Dynamic retargeting ads are shown as personalized Facebook carousel ads for each visitor and include the products they viewed or added to their cart. This means you won't be able to select collections or products as you've suggested in your question.

We have a great guide on dynamic ads that I recommend you take a look at to get a better understanding of how these ads work.

In regards to collections missing in Facebook, are you able to let me know where you're noticing that they are missing? Is this in your Facebook Shop, or are you looking elsewhere? It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

neil_and_clark
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hi Miles

Thanks for the reply

So in Facebook Ads Manager when creating an ad using Dynamic formats and creative and connected to my Shopify catalog feed, and I attempt to select the relevant collection, only some of my collections are visible, even though they are all enabled to sync with Facebook. 

neil_and_clark_0-1620721178411.png

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @neil_and_clark!

Thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like you may need to talk to Facebook if there's a missing link to your collections. I've outlined below how you can contact them.

Merchants with an already existing Business Page on Facebook will be able to access the live chat service. (There have been some cases of live chat not functioning for all business pages, to resolve this, you may need to reach out to Facebook through email by filling out a form found through Facebook's Help Center.)

You can access the live chat service by visiting this link while logged into your Facebook Business Manager account.

To start, click on the "Find answers or contact support" button.

Like Shopify support, you will have to fill out the prompts for your specific questions and then click on "chat with a representative" if the documents are unhelpful or you wish to have live support.

Facebook Live Chat is available to merchants between 9AM EST - 11PM EST. You will not be able to access this support channel outside of these hours and will be prompted to get in touch with Support via email. Facebook does also shut off their chat feature when the capacity is too high, so the chat may appear unavailable at any time. You will see the following message and will have to try again later.

As an alternative, you can also fill out a support form here. You must be logged into Facebook for this link to work.

If they're unable to assist, our live support might also be able to help. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

neil_and_clark
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Thanks Miles, will look into

Meesh100
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, did you figure out why your collections weren't syncing? Facebook are useless! They kept asking for my phone number for a time to call - 4 times we arranged a callback with no call. Email support is poo too. Any ideas?

Gaukdaugiau
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, i have already one shopify store and one facebook business manager, i recently created another different shopify store with many different products, including home decor, electronics, garden product, beauty and health etc Www.gaukdaugiau.lt  , do i need to create new facebook business manager for my second store? Or can i use same business manager? I want to create fb catalog for facebook ads and fb shop. Thank you