Facebook bulk editor error - no catalog sync possible

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Guys, 

I am getting really frustrated with uploading my products to Facebook so I can sell on Instagram.

I have connected my Facebook BM to Shopify, installed Pixel etc all according to the instructions, no errors showing. I managed the Sales Channel for my products as Online Shop and Facebook.

When checking on Facebook as the channel under my Online shop it constantly says there is information missing and when I provide it in the bulk upload page the savings are not taken but when leaving the page I get asked if I want to discard the changes.

I am getting really frustrated and I have tried for days now in different browsers as different times and don't hear back from Shopify Support nor do find this topics here anywhere. 

Can someone please help me on this as I am not able to sell efficiently.

when exiting webpage I get this error and all changes are lostwhen exiting webpage I get this error and all changes are lostSaved changes, confirmed saveSaved changes, confirmed saveI get this error as a start because the changes are not savedI get this error as a start because the changes are not saved

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
80 19 19

And that product is definitely for sale normally on your store from the Shopify end?

The error seems to be suggesting that it's not available on your storefront.

Therefore if someone clicks the link to buy it they won't be able to?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Thanks for your response. 

Yes the product is available and the sales process works completely E2E. 

The issue seems to be that when hitting save in the bulk editor the savings are not replicated (see the unsaved changes info on the top of the screenshot) and therefore it's not able to sync my product catalog. 

Any idea how to solve this?Maissfeld Facebook sync page_6.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
80 19 19

Hi

Interesting - I'm a bit of a loss with this one I'm afraid.

What field are you trying to change?

Have you tried a bulk change with a different field?

Say Category for example?

Is there anything in the Facebook Business Manager about what's causing the issue in more detail?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey, 

actually none of the fields persist, the saving function seems to be broken... I have just spent 1 hour with Shopify Support in the chat and they are clueless on why this happens and suggested to delete FB as a channel and start from scratch. 

I am in the process of doing this now via app as Shopify suggested and hope my issue can be resolved in a couple of hours

Thanks for checking into it but seems to be some kind of bug,

If someone has the same issue and finds a workaround, solution whatever please share here

Thanks

Julia

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the exact same problem - did you get it resolved?

0 Likes