Facebook keeps Disconnecting

Highlighted
5 0 0

I've tried multiple solutions posted here.  I've deleted my cookies/history. I've tried in a new browser. I've tried in the app.  I've set the privacy to prevent cross tracking.  Nothing seems to help. 

After I accepted FB terms and Conditions, nothing happens. I just get the blank window.

2.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 68 101

Hey, @Keepsake!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with the Facebook sales channel, we see this come up a bit. This is not a Shopify issue, the Terms of Service page and its management are all on Facebook's end. However, I know you say you have tried to prevent the cross tracking but have you done it this way? Can you confirm with a screenshot on your end? 

If you are using Safari:

• Visit Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and make sure this field is not checked:
    20-26-ab411-8nay2

If you are using Chrome:

• Visit Chrome -> Preferences
  • Click the hamburger menu, and choose Advanced -> Privacy and security
  • Make sure this setting is disabled:
    20-26-6l9p9-k8xvl

Once those settings have been updated, you need to restart your browser and retry connecting your Facebook account. This has worked for almost everyone so if it is not the case for you, you will need to speak to Facebook directly through their business support centre.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I've done this on 2 laptops and in Chrome & Firefox.  Now it will only connect for a few seconds before it shows disconnected again.

3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

0 Likes
5 0 0

So i just contacted Facebook Business Support and here is their message.

6.PNG

0 Likes