Facebook keeps disconnecting from Shopify

4 0 0

I can't connect my Shopify to my Facebook (shop). First it works but as soon as I refresh the page, it keeps disconnecting.

It started first when there where no products in my Catalog or only just a few - then I Installed the Facebook Marketing App in Shopify (people said this would help to solve the problem with the products in my catalog), but after this, Shopify keeps disconnecting Facebook.

I tried everyting, uninstalled the app, cleaned all my cookies etc, tried to connect through out the Shopify app, but nothing works! :(

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 6 8

Hi, @Golia_Jewelry

Thank you for reaching out to the community about that; I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Facebook connection! Does your Facebook account seem to connect successfully, and then if you return to the page it is disconnected again? This disconnect loop is a known issue that we sometimes encounter with our integration with Facebook, and can usually be solved by resetting your connection to Facebook from our backend. If you would like me to look into that for you, reply here and I can get that process started. Before doing so, make sure you have first tried the following: 

• Delete the Facebook sales channel (in your admin under Settings > Sales Channels > click the trash icon). 
  • Remove Shopify from your Facebook Business Integrations here (select Shopify > Remove). 
  • Log out of Facebook. 
  • Reinstall the sales channel and try to connect (click the + button beside "Sales Channels" on the lefthand side of your admin, select Facebook, follow the prompts). 

Thank you! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Yes, this is working.

But now the other problem isn't solved: The catalogi doesn't have any products in it - and I can't add any products myself?

So now the Shopify catalogi is connected to my Facebook, but the products are missing.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Oh, after 30 minutes, we got disconnected again from Shopfify. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 6 8

Hi, @Golia_Jewelry

Thank you for trying that! I'll need to do some further digging into to your account, so I've just sent you an email - if you'd like to respond to that directly, we can get the process started. Thank you! 

0 Likes
10 0 0

I also have this problem. Would you please help me?

0 Likes
10 0 0

Help me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 6 8

Hi, @Xing

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please try the below troubleshooting steps, and let me know if you're still unable to connect your Facebook sales channel: 

1. Try using a different browser. If unsuccessful, try using an incognito tab (in most browsers this is under File > New Incognito/Private Window). If that still doesn't work, clear your browser's cache (find browser specific instructions on how to do this here).
  2. If the above do not work, delete the Facebook sales channel (in your admin under Settings > Sales Channels > click the trash can icon). Once you've deleted it, reinstall it (click the + button beside "Sales Channels" on the lefthand side of your admin, select Facebook, follow the prompts). Retry the connection again. 
  3. Attempt to connect it using the Shopify mobile app (download the app from your mobile phone's app store). 

If none of the above work, please do the following: 

• Delete the Facebook sales channel again (in your admin under Settings > Sales Channels > click the trash icon). 
  • Remove Shopify from your Facebook Business Integrations here (select Shopify > Remove). 
  • Log out of Facebook. 
  • Reinstall the sales channel and try to connect (click the + button beside "Sales Channels" on the lefthand side of your admin, select Facebook, follow the prompts). 

Let me know if you're still having trouble. Thank you! 

0 Likes