Facebook pixel - Purchase event fires when I don't actually have a purchase.

Jacksonville
3 0 0

Hi everybody,

I have been struggling with this one for a while and would greatly appreciate any help.

On my business manager on facebook, it keeps telling me that I am getting purchases and the purchase event is firing, but I have no notification of an order and there is no adding of payment information.

I am not sure what is causing this or how to fix this unless it is just a bug with the facebook pixel.

Any knowledge / feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Waqarwiki
3 0 0

Hi, There- I have seen and found your issue relevant to mine, did you were able to fix it by any chance?

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 66 137

Here you can find detailed info about possible causes

https://www.mountainise.com/how-to-fix-a-double-counting-facebook-pixel-in-shopify/

First thing I would checkout if you have Facebook Pixel related code in the "Additional Scripts section of the checkout settings".
If there is, I would remove it and use the native Shopify pixel integration in Facebook pixel ID in the Online Store >> Preferences.

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
0 Likes
Niki_S
Tourist
27 0 2

Hi,

it looks like the purchase event is connected to another action. I suggesting installing Facebook Pixel Helper (extension to Chrome). Thanks to this extension, you can check when and if the events are fired correctly. 

You can also test events directly in Business Manager. Go to Events Manager, choose the relevant pixel and test the events + check the diagnostics (there might also be an issue to be fixed).  

Plus, as already suggested in this thread, if you added the pixel code manually to Shopify, make sure that the purchase event is correctly set up in the additional scripts. 

Regards,

Nikola

0 Likes
Waqarwiki
3 0 0

Hi, i have used the new Direct Facebook app Integration shopify introduced in Late 2020 (May be in September).

The Data sharing option which we have selected in Facebook App is "Advanced Data Sharing" with Conversion API option Enabled.

I have double checked, Facebook Tracking Pixel is not installed twice or may be hard coded in the website, so we are good there. Also now new Facebook App integration directs you to same interface when you click 
Online Store>> Preferences >> Facebook Pixel (In Facebook App)

In Facebook Business Manager i am seeing this data from 19th January 2021

Ads Account Campaign:
Add to Carts: 24
Initiated Checkout: 1
Purchases: 1

Ads Account Ads Reporting:
Add to Carts: 12
Initiated Checkout: 1
Purchases: 0

Events Manager:
Add to Carts: 30
Initiated Checkout: 2
Purchases: 1

The Ads reporting is the one matching correctly with our Shopify Order panel from last 2 days.

0 Likes
PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
330 66 137

@Waqarwiki can you share your store's url here or by PM and I will inspect it with the Facebook Pixel helper? 

Seems that only your add to cart is being duplicated and your purchases are ok right?

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
0 Likes
Waqarwiki
3 0 0

Nope Purchases are off too. If i get 1 purchase in my shopify, Facebook sometimes count it 2 or 3.

Also one thing which i noticed and seems little off. When i checked below

Events Manager >> Purchase Event >> View Details >> Recent Activity

I am seeing 2 types of url's here 1 with thank_you and one without thank_you in the end of the url. something like below

abc.com/52664565937/checkouts/24ea1708bf76c0242ba258f749bac20a

abc.com/52664565937/checkouts/6969594e8180f2127276133ed4b8d6a7/thank_you

This is the store Here .

0 Likes