Filter & Filter Groups - Supply Theme & Venture Theme & Debut Theme

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
96 14 51

This request is based on the Supply theme filter system, but is needed to Venture & Debut theme too.

As a shop operator, I want to be able to provide better filter navigation to my customers

Current situation

Expected situation

• provide this group filter to Debut & Venture theme
  • add an option to the product list (not csv, but store backend), where via Bulk Editor filter groups can be added 

Source 

My expectation is, that I don't need to upload and download csv files to adjust product data. It must be possible to do all in store backend. It must be possible to do this in Venture & Debut theme too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 356

Expected situation

• provide this group filter to Debut & Venture theme
  • add an option to the product list (not csv, but store backend), where via Bulk Editor filter groups can be added 

Filter groups are a concept that is implemented using tags on some themes that use that specific single method.

A custom backend admin UI for such a theme based feature is unlikely to ever happen in shopify native.

If you need to do this often either use|create an app or a browser userscript|extension with javascript, or is the product data exists make a utility theme to generate the csv with the proper tags then import.

My expectation is, that I don't need to upload and download csv files to adjust product data. It must be possible to do all in store backend. It must be possible to do this in Venture & Debut theme too

ETL is complicated and has specific complications for each business expecting everything to be possible in the backend will just lead to needless frustration.

The bulk editor already allows you to add tags to multiple products by selecting those multiple boxes

https://shopify.com/admin/bulk?resource_name=Product&edit=tags&show=&ids={{IDS}}%2{{MOREIDS}}

The docs are for the general case to use common tools most busineses will already be familar with to edit ALL products.

Using spreadsheets IS the recommended path when having to do something like this as it has high corresponence with existing product data that can be used in the csv to generate those tags with excel|gsheet formulas in a way a platforms admin will not.

Otherwise the store|theme setup process has to take a sidestep and teach how to use the bulk editor.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
96 14 51

@PaulNewton  - it looks like, that you didn't dig into supply theme and its documentation. Please do that first. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 356

And which specific part, or words, should someone dig into on that adds new information for someone that's been using 'advanced group filtering' technique for a decade?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes