Filter order data using product attribute using REST API

Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hi, I'm hoping I might get a little best-practice jump start on doing a lookup using the Shopify APIs?  What I need to do is grab orders in a Windows app which I've hooked up to and am in the process of learning the structures.  I would like an easy way for my user to set up the products so that my application has a way to isolate just specific orders, based on those product attributes.  For instance "all orders in a given collection" or "all orders with a tag of xxx".  Something along those lines.  I could also use something like a SKU mask where all items starting with a given mask of characters are included.  I just need something consistent and easy for the user to setup, and ideally something that further supports the most simplistic approach to pulling just those orders.  Any guidance is appreciated.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

This issue can be closed from my perspective.  I went with the Vendor field because this is one of the fields that carries over to the orders.line_items object when getting the data back from orders.json.  This allows me to avoid a second lookup of every product on an order into the products data itself and keeps my API usage light.

0 Likes