Filters on my collection pages do not work properly

HervéJ
Tourist
3 0 1

Dear all,

First of all, I would like to thank those who will take the time to read my post and answer or comment on it.

Here is my website : www.lescavesdecourcelles.fr

It is a (French) online wine merchant.

Here is the page I will comment on:

https://lescavesdecourcelles.fr/collections/vins-rouges/?q=filter_tag%3ditalie&sort_by=best-selling

In fact, the problem exists on all the collection pages where you have filters.

On the above page, you have:

3 wines from Italy (Cantine Povero, Tenuta Viglione and Villabella):

> These three Italian wines come from three regions: Piémont, Puglia and Vénétie

> The “cépages” (grape varieties) associated with these three Italian wines are Grillo, Primitivo, Corvina, Rondinella, and Corvinone (one of the wines has three different grape varieties)

> Appellation: there are three different “appellations” (same word in English I think) associated with these wines: Doc Sicilia, Primitivo IGP and Amarone Classico

> “Autres” (“other”): one of the wines has the following characteristics: "Bio"

Here is the expected result when you filter on “Italie” in the “par pays/by country” for instance:

> In the “par region/by region” section, I would expect only three regions displayed: Piémont, Puglia and Vénétie

> In the “par cépage/by grape variety” section, I would expect only five grape varieties displayed: Grillo, Primitivo, Corvina, Rondinella, and Corvinone

> In the “appellation” section, I would expect only three different “appellations” displayed: Doc Sicilia, Primitivo IGP and Amarone Classico

> In the “other” section, I would expect only the “Bio” tag to be displayed

Basically, by ticking one of the countries, the range of possibilities for the other filters should narrow down. And the other boxes that are no longer relevant should not be displayed. Only the boxes that are relevant to the Italian wines should be displayed.

I shall add that if you begin your search by ticking one of the regions rather than one of the countries, if you tick “Bourgogne” for instance, only the tags relating to wines from the Bourgogne region should be displayed once the results are updated. And only the country “France” should appear under “Par pays”.

This is how things should work I think, right?

And if you delete one of the filters, the results should update accordingly.

I think I am being clear but I can run another example if needed.

I am using the "Gecko" theme from The4 and their support team has been very helpful to date but I think this one issue may need extra help.

Do you think I need to hire a developer to fix this? Or can I edit the code myself?

I would be extremely grateful for anyone who could give me insight into this, my website looks pretty good otherwise but this one flaw I feel will have a negative impact on the conversion rate.

Thank you so much!

Hervé.

Replies 2 (2)

HervéJ
Tourist
3 0 1

Dear Sat Singh Rana,

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Depending on the type of feedback I get, your assistance may be required.

Best,

Hervé.

HervéJ
Tourist
3 0 1

Dear all,

Following up on my previous message, I was wondering if someone could recommend a good Shopify app for filters.

By good I mean:

- free/not expensive

- not too fancy (I do not have so many products on my website, only a few filters are needed)

- good for SEO (does not slow down website - I expect to have to deal with duplicate content issues in any case)

Thank you,

Hervé.