Garamond FontDrop bug with font_face

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi there,

I think I have encountered a bug but I am being pushed to the forums from chat so maybe someone here can confirm for me. 

I have the following settings: 

{
        "type": "font_picker",
        "id": "font_main",
        "label": "Main Font",
        "default": "open_sans_n4"
      },
      {
        "type": "font_picker",
        "id": "font_accent",
        "label": "Accent Font",
        "default": "open_sans_n4"
      }

And then I am utilizing these settings the following way: 

{{ settings.font_main | font_face }}
  {{ settings.font_accent | font_face }}

This works flawlessly with all fonts except for "Garamond" which outputs nothing but empty lines. 

Chat is telling me that this is an issue with my code. However, it works with literally every font except for Garamond which makes me believe this is a bug. Please advise. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I'm having a similar problem with a theme, using the Font Picker to choose Garamond doesn't work on Windows, but all the other fonts work fine. The site looks fine on a Mac as Garamond is a Mac system font I believe, but on Windows it falls back to the standard system serif font.

Looking in the code I can see that the site isn't even loading the stylesheet for Garamond in the HEAD as it does for other fonts.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

I've been through it with Shopify Support and they are escalating it to the right people to look into, hopefully have some news in 24-72 hours.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

After a bit of explaining and back-and-forth with Shopify suport they claim it's working as expected and that Garamond is there just as an option so that it displays for those who have it installed, which makes no sense at all as there are loads of non-standard fonts in the list that work because they get served from Shopify's CDN, and Garamond seems to be the only one that doesn't work.

I told them this seemed strange and confusing and have yet to hear back now, that was over a week ago.

They either need to add Garamond to the CDN or remove it from the font picker so that people don't try to use it and not realise it won't load for most of the world.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Thanks for looking into it. I'm not satisfied at all with that explanation. It clearly isn't working as expected.

0 Likes