Geo location to include local VAT rate in pricing in product and cart template???

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I currently have a  regular Shopify store (non-plus) using multi-currency checkout. I'm based in the UK but mainly sell to the USA. At the moment none of my prices include VAT in the product or cart pages because of my US/Non-EU customers (tax free). However, this creates a bit of a shock for my EU/UK customers when they go to checkout as the VAT gets added on.

Is there any way NATIVELY (no external services) within Shopify to geolocate/detect the users IP and dynamically add on the correct VAT into the pricing on the product and cart pages?? All my VAT rates are setup on the backend.

I would think this must be possible as i've just installed the Geolocation Shopify APP (https://apps.shopify.com/geolocation?surface_detail=geolocation&surface_inter_position=1&surface_int...)

which detects the users locations and recommends the currency to switch the store too. Works great

Many thanks guys for your help

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue here...

Step 1: We need to show VAT to EU customers, but no VAT for countries outside EU. 

Step 2: the prize without VAT is then converted to the local currency of the user.

Any ideas / apps?

many thanks
Hannes

0 Likes