Get session data using Rest API

RekhaPreetam
Tourist
11 0 3

To calculate Conversion Rate I need Orders and Sessions.
How Session data is stored in Shopify? Is there any Rest API to get Session data?

Replies 6 (6)

klaud-ctrl
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there, Rekha question about extracting sessions is interesting to me as well. Anybody a clue?

howardma
Visitor
2 0 1

Also interested in using the API to pull session data. Shopify should allow customers to pull session data at the event level (ie home page visit, product view, add to cart, cart view, checkout) for all site visitors - not just customers who placed an order.

Is not clear how to do this via the Rest API or Shopify's GraphQL

howardma
Visitor
2 0 1

Following up - confirmed you can use the rest API to export session data w/ granularity at the hourly level. You can also do a CSV export via Shopify admin by going to Analytics > Reports > Sessions Over Time. After reaching the report page, select a date range and group by hour. Select preferred columns (ie sessions, visitors, carts created, checkouts etc.) , then export as CSV. 

While hourly exports are useful, still interested in getting data at the visitor id and session id level which helps to understand trends regarding re-engagement - not sure if this is possible? 

Dive
Shopify Partner
23 1 1

Hello @howardma ,

Regarding your answer, how did you do to use REST API to retrieve session data ? I'm trying to do it but with no result...

Do you have a sample code or something that could be helpful ?

Thanks for your time !

Thomas.

E-commerce analytics should be easier, that is why we have created diveanalytics.co

Bruce_ZG
Visitor
2 0 0

Any REST or GraphQL API to get session data?

nik1517
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi All,

Currently the sessions data is not available via API.

In the link below there is the same query and there is solution provided by Shopify.

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/is-there-a-way-to-pull-sessions-data-with-api/...

I hope it helps. 

Thank you,

Nikhil <Nikhil.dass@diacto.com>