Getting EPP Codes from closed Shopify store and transferring domain to a 3rd party..

johnmountain
1 0 0

Hi,

Sorry if this is spammy but I could not find a way to contact Shopify support outside of posting here to the message board. I have a closed Shopify store and I'm looking to move my domain that I purchased through Shopify to a 3rd party. I need to get access to the EPP/Authorization codes for the 3rd party in order to complete the transfer. How does one do this? Shopify's instructions are vague and they say:

"To transfer your domain to another domain host, you must unlock your Shopify domain and provide your new host with a domain authorization code."

Does that mean if your store is closed you have to sign up for a month of service, log in as admin, and then set up the transfer? Can someone please verify if that is indeed the case? It doesn't seem to make sense if we have purchased a domain to be forced to sign up again just to transfer something we already purchased. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this?

Thanks

0 Likes
SEXPILLSHOP
3 0 0

I HAVE A CANCELED ACCOUNT AND STILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE ADMIN AND NEED TO ALSO UNLOCK MY DOMAIN AND GET THOSE CODES TO SWITCH IT TO GO DADDY AND THERE'S NO WAY TPO CONTACT SHOPIFY TO DO THIS! THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!

0 Likes