Getting super frustrated, can anyone help?

bce1989
Visitor
2 0 0

My website: www.bigcakeenergy.co/ I use the Showcase theme.

I added an app called Advanced Product Options. It allows you to give customers the option to customize their order. I set everything up and everything works absolutely flawlessly, except for one thing... when you click "add to cart" on a product that utilizes this app, there is a significant lag between the time you click and the time it's added to the cart. The app team seems unable to help and I wanted to know if theres some simple code issue that could be fixed?

You can witness it happening on this page, for example:

https://bigcakeenergy.co/collections/rings/products/big-peach-energy-ring

Can anyone help? I fear that this lag will cause customers to bounce from the page and that I'll lose sales. Never encountered this issue before.

Thanks so much in advance!

Replies 2 (2)

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 346

Had, a quick look.

The app is sending data to the app server, this is what takes time. There is nothing you can do on that part.

There is a lag but not that big (I am on a fast network).

You could put a loader, a spinner on the ATC button. That will let users know that something is happening in the back end, indicate that all is OK and the order is processing. Provide visual feedback on this process.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
bce1989
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, thank you so much for the response. I've seen other websites with the same app that don't have any lag, so I'm inclined to believe that it's something to do with my app.

However, I like your idea of adding an animation to the add to cart button, how do I do this? Is there a tutorial I can follow? I'm not good at coding.

Thank you!