Google Analytics Script Being Placed Within IFrame On Checkout Page

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hello!

I'm the Lead Support Engineer at Sumo.com, and a few of our customers have seen that the scripts entered within the Google Analytics text area are being placed within an iFrame on their checkout pages. We started getting reports of this around Feb 1st.

We have instructed that free customers place our script within the Google Analytics text area, since this is the only way for them to get a script on the Checkout page without being a Shopify Plus customer.

Will this be standard functionality moving forward for free customers? 

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

We can close this. This was the official response from a Shopify Guru:

Hi Seth,

Linda here with the Shopify Guru Team. I hope this email finds you well today! :)

On January 30th, due to security concerns, the Additional Google Analytics JavaScript field was modified so that by default, scripts added to this field can’t be used to change the look or function of Shopify’s checkout. Some apps require the merchant to insert code into this field for non-analytics purposes as part of their setup process and most affected app partners will have received an email from Shopify about the change, prompting them to prepare. In order to ensure that their apps provide a working experience to all users, app developers and app partners whose apps make use of this field have been instructed to prepare and update their apps and documentation, as checkout customizations that rely on this field will no longer work for all merchants going forward.

WHY ARE WE MAKING THIS CHANGE? 

This field is intended for Google Analytics scripts. While over the years, it’s found other unsupported uses, we want to ensure a safe and stable checkout experience for all users.

If I can be of any more help, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Warmest Regards,

Linda O | Shopify Guru 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Linda, Is there any alternative solution for this type of requirements? I have my client who needs to change the checkout page. And He is not a Shopify plus member.

@SethSumo wrote:

We can close this. This was the official response from a Shopify Guru:

Hi Seth,

Linda here with the Shopify Guru Team. I hope this email finds you well today! :)

On January 30th, due to security concerns, the Additional Google Analytics JavaScript field was modified so that by default, scripts added to this field can’t be used to change the look or function of Shopify’s checkout. Some apps require the merchant to insert code into this field for non-analytics purposes as part of their setup process and most affected app partners will have received an email from Shopify about the change, prompting them to prepare. In order to ensure that their apps provide a working experience to all users, app developers and app partners whose apps make use of this field have been instructed to prepare and update their apps and documentation, as checkout customizations that rely on this field will no longer work for all merchants going forward.

WHY ARE WE MAKING THIS CHANGE? 

This field is intended for Google Analytics scripts. While over the years, it’s found other unsupported uses, we want to ensure a safe and stable checkout experience for all users.

If I can be of any more help, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Warmest Regards,

Linda O | Shopify Guru 
support@shopify.com

Do You want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: udaykatrodiya2103@gmail.com