Google Console Sitemap Issues

Highlighted
2 0 0

Within Google Console my sitemap has been submitted and is a success however, has 0 Discovered URLs. Under coverage it displays 18 pages as "Indexed, not submitted in sitemap".

My site will not show up in google search when I search the business name 'Collectors Aviation Art' however, it will come up in a search when I search 'collectorsaviationart.com'.  The website and domain are new as of Nov 1, 2019 and I understand some of this takes time but something doesn't seem right.

I've read a lot of forums, have submitted pages to be indexed, have zero errors on my site, and am desperate for a solution.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 2

Hi kabraden,

has your sitemap alreaddy been read by google ('Last read' on sitemap overview)?

Are these 18 pages actually part of your sitemap.xml/website?

You can try to Index a single site via 'URL inspection' in the left hand section. This tool might come up with helpful information.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you.

It had been read previously but today I see that google did just read my sitemap and discovered 56 URL's. It did not index the sitemap_pages (I've read that is an issue with Shopify and Google).

Yesterday I did index several pages individually.

Still frustrated with the fact that when I google 'collectors aviation art' it won't even appear in the first 10 search result pages. When I google 'collectors aviation art atlanta' I only find one link to the site on the third page. I'm not sure if thats because the name of the business is pretty generic. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 2

Google takes its time. But good news your sitemap was read. Only the products and collections are fetched by google somehow.

To improve your appearance in google search you need to face SEO. However for me 'collectors aviation art' comes up on second page when searching ... 'collectors aviation art atlanta' is actually on first page for me ;)

1 Like