Google Domain Help

mermaidnoire
2 0 0

Hello! I switched from big cartel to Shopify last week and am having SSL issues. My custom domain is hosted by google, and on the Shopify it says they are connected, and it seems fine on the google domain side as well. But I (and) get an SSL error when they try to view the website. My shop opens on Monday and am hoping to fix it by then. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @mermaidnoire

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. I'm happy to help ensure your domain is connected properly!  

To confirm, is your domain already set up to point to Shopify's DNS records? For reference, the records should look like this: 

• You should only have one A record that points to 23.227.38.65
  • Your CNAME should point to shops.myshopify.com

If your domain is already pointing to these records, please go ahead and verify your connection in your Shopify admin. Once you've done this, it can take up to 48 hours for the domain to be fully connected, with the SSL certificate established. 

However, if you've had the correct records on your domain for more than 48 hours and you're still seeing the SSL error on your end, clearing your browser cache or using Chrome Incognito mode to view your website may resolve this. If this error continues to appear though, just reply back to me here with your store's URL, and I can help take a closer look into things. 

Keep me posted on this, and let me know if you need further assistance with getting your domain set up! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
mermaidnoire
2 0 0
Good afternoon, I think everything is connected correctly. I think I just
needed to close the shop on the big cartel sign and remove the Google
analytics from that side as well.

Myaa
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @mermaidnoire

Thanks so much for following up. 

To clarify, are you still seeing an SSL error when you view your site on your end? If so, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm happy to continue lending a hand!

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes