Google Fields Not Maintainable

Solved
1 0 0

We are having the same issue . Has a resolution / fix been found as yet?

0 Likes

@ilovetunics 

Nothing yet.  Read down in this thread...they suggested you can use the 'Manage Availability' function in the Google Channel screen to maintain the Google fields.
There is a screen shot of it.   If you do not have too many products, this may work for you.
We have alot of products, and it's pretty hard finding products we need to update...so no good for us

good luck

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 3

I got a message from the shopify help saying this:

We dug high and low for the root cause of this concern and we have finally found it was a known issue for the Google Shopping App. Thanks to you and other merchants who reported this, our development team have implemented a fix on this! My suggestion is to clear cache and cookies of the browser to ensure that we are working with the fresh browser and then try to access the product's Google Fields again.

But it still is not fixed.  So they said they have gone back to their tech team to look again.  But at least it looks like they are actually trying to fix it!

@Steve1179 

It's very perplexing, right?  They say in their response to you it was a 'known' problem.  So discouraging.  
Seems not enough people have complained about it, I presume.

It just seems like they are feeding us lip service at this point.  A delay tactic.  
I tried also, with the same result.  When they first put in this Google Channel, it used to immediately bring up the google fields screen for
entry.....but now it goes through a redirect...redisplays the product screen for a second time...then the error message pops up after that.

I will reach out again...squeaky wheel gets greased??

0 Likes

@Steve1179 

I did at least test that products that I have added the last few weeks are still 'going over' to Merchant Center.

Thought I would let you know that it seems the products are still being sent over and say they are 'ready to serve' in a Google Ad. 
That is all I really care about.  I didn't find where I can see the category that Ads applies though.  I don't care at this point.  Only
days left to get the holiday sales.  

I'm done beating around the bush with support.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

I hav this exact same problem now and did not used to have it.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 3

New update from Shopify Help:

Thanks for your message.

Yes, I just got an update this morning. The developers have figured out what is causing the problem and now they're working on fixing it.

I'll let you know when the fix is ready.

When they get back Ill post here.  hopefully they can actually fix it this time!   

0 Likes
1 0 0

We have over 3000 products and add around 30 new products to inventory on a daily basis. I cannot believe that this is still not working. Thank you for posting updates on the status of this issue. Much appreciated. 

0 Likes

@Steve1179 

Sounds good, but won't hold my breath.  Fingers crossed. 
Pretty late for 'catching up' for the holiday rush.  It will be 4 weeks this Wed since I began 'talking' to them about it.  Augh....

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

They have fixed the problem.  It is working again!  Finally!

0 Likes