Solved

Why can't I edit Google fields on my products page?

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

While adding products today, we are having problems adding Google fields.

All Sales Channels are activated and the product is saved with these settings.

When we go to add Google Fields we get the error:

You can’t edit Google fields because this product isn’t visible to the Google channel. Change your sales channel settings on your product page.

All sales channels are activated.
We have waited over an hour in case the system is slow, and still cannot get to those fields to add them.
We have cleared cache.
I even shutdown shopify and signed in again with no luck.

Has something changed??

Accepted Solution (1)
Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

They have fixed the problem.  It is working again!  Finally!

View solution in original post

Replies 23 (23)

hconn
Visitor
1 0 1

same issue with us

gojeek
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey Bro,

I have the same problem, it is so annoying.  Also the custom label is missing in the feed too.

Dose some one know how to fix this?

Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

Same issue.  Has anyone found a fix to this?

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@Steve1179I heard from support up until Friday afternoon.  They wanted more detailed information.
I sent it to them.  I have not heard a peep since then.  Obviously it wasn't worked on over the weekend.

It does seem that I can edit products that were added before last Wed (when it started not to work for us) with no problem.
But cannot edit Google fields on anything added since.

Pretty disappointed, again, in the level of support.  This is an important one as we are hitting the ground hard starting today
advertising for the holidays.

Hopefully, more to report in the upcoming hours.....augh.....

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

Received this morning.

...In the meantime, you should be able to edit/add the fields through the bulk editor. By clicking on an individual product title, this opens up the product page but the bulk editor should display all product in a list for you to work on. You can access it in the Google Channel on the Overview page through 'Manage availability':

Screenshot (197).png

At least its an option...but it is an awful process as you have to page through it 50 products at a time.  No search, No filters, No sort options.

Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

thanks for the update.  I spent 2 hours on the chat with Shopify help yesterday.   They finally decided to escalate it to the Tech team.  Who should be looking at it today.  

I have the same exact problem.  Any products I have added since last wed I can not edit the google fields in the product page.  

I will post what they come back to me with.

The google bulk editor is a joke to use.   there is no search and no order to the list.  I have about 1000 products so to randomly search through that to find the product I want is crazy.

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@Steve1179 
I went through the same process with them last week.
Got the same answer from them...that it was turned over to tech support.
Their email this morning said this....

'.....Our developers have been working on this over the weekend and it should have been fully resolved, however I can still see issues with the example product -
when trying to access the fields through the product page. I'm sending this on up to our technical team for a deeper investigation.'

It is obvious that NO work was done over the weekend to resolve.  Everything is still the same.
So, I guess they are sending it to the technical team again?!?!? 

I still have the issues with all new products added with no luck updating them.  I did check and they were sent over to merchant center though, so I can run ads
with them included (I hope). 

Only service we are getting at this point is lip service.  I'm guessing it's not reported as a big enough problem.  So frustrating.  And we have tons of product coming
in this next week...

Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

thats not great news!  well maybe if more people have the same issues it will actually get looked at and fixed.  Sometime sooner rather than later would be better.  

I would have thought everyone was having the same issues who updates their google fields??  Maybe not as many people do that as I assumed.  

Ill keep you updated with anything they come back to me with.  🙂  

gojeek
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey Bro,

I am using the same way to fix this problem.

You can add filter query at the end of that url. Like this 

https://yourstore.myshopify.com/admin/products?selectedView=all&query=yourfilterquery

Replace the query keywords just like when you search products in admin. 

I am still stuck on the custom label, it is still missing, that infect my separate google shopping campaign. 😞

ilovetunics
Tourist
5 0 0

We are having the same issue . Has a resolution / fix been found as yet?

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@ilovetunics 

Nothing yet.  Read down in this thread...they suggested you can use the 'Manage Availability' function in the Google Channel screen to maintain the Google fields.
There is a screen shot of it.   If you do not have too many products, this may work for you.
We have alot of products, and it's pretty hard finding products we need to update...so no good for us

good luck

Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

I got a message from the shopify help saying this:

We dug high and low for the root cause of this concern and we have finally found it was a known issue for the Google Shopping App. Thanks to you and other merchants who reported this, our development team have implemented a fix on this! My suggestion is to clear cache and cookies of the browser to ensure that we are working with the fresh browser and then try to access the product's Google Fields again.

But it still is not fixed.  So they said they have gone back to their tech team to look again.  But at least it looks like they are actually trying to fix it!

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@Steve1179 

It's very perplexing, right?  They say in their response to you it was a 'known' problem.  So discouraging.  
Seems not enough people have complained about it, I presume.

It just seems like they are feeding us lip service at this point.  A delay tactic.  
I tried also, with the same result.  When they first put in this Google Channel, it used to immediately bring up the google fields screen for
entry.....but now it goes through a redirect...redisplays the product screen for a second time...then the error message pops up after that.

I will reach out again...squeaky wheel gets greased??

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@Steve1179 

I did at least test that products that I have added the last few weeks are still 'going over' to Merchant Center.

Thought I would let you know that it seems the products are still being sent over and say they are 'ready to serve' in a Google Ad. 
That is all I really care about.  I didn't find where I can see the category that Ads applies though.  I don't care at this point.  Only
days left to get the holiday sales.  

I'm done beating around the bush with support.

Jenifer_Germer
Excursionist
11 0 4

I hav this exact same problem now and did not used to have it.

Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

New update from Shopify Help:

Thanks for your message.

Yes, I just got an update this morning. The developers have figured out what is causing the problem and now they're working on fixing it.

I'll let you know when the fix is ready.

When they get back Ill post here.  hopefully they can actually fix it this time!  🙂 

designerhunting
Visitor
1 0 0

We have over 3000 products and add around 30 new products to inventory on a daily basis. I cannot believe that this is still not working. Thank you for posting updates on the status of this issue. Much appreciated. 

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@Steve1179 

Sounds good, but won't hold my breath.  Fingers crossed. 
Pretty late for 'catching up' for the holiday rush.  It will be 4 weeks this Wed since I began 'talking' to them about it.  Augh....

Steve1179
Tourist
8 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

They have fixed the problem.  It is working again!  Finally!

Jenifer_Germer
Excursionist
11 0 4

Thank goodness! Thanks for letting us know!

donnamac
Trailblazer
249 5 201

@Steve1179 

Thanks for the update, Steve!!  Exactly 4 weeks today since I first noticed it. 

sampymishra
Shopify Partner
296 10 35

Google channel is a free app that comes with its own limitations. If you are still facing issues, you can try AdNabu's Google Shopping Feed app for Shopify. We have developed this app to help you manage your Shopping feed with minimum effort. You can use the automated features that will help you improve your performance in your Shopping ads.

You can also get in touch with our experts and request a demo. 

Hope this helps.

Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- Try our Nabu for Google Shopping Feed from Shopify App Store. 

Alshnedauto
Visitor
2 0 0

Today again?