Google Maps on "normal" page-site with debut theme

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, 

how can I implement the google map which is on the Homepage to a different "normal" page. I can't find the area in liquid, where the card gets spawned. Can anyone help me with this??

Thanks in advance

Paul

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 39 86

Hi, @schmidti !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope you are well, and welcome to our Community here.

Great question! Do you have an idea of where you would like to position this exactly? In certain cases adding this information to your Contact Us page, for example can indeed be very useful for your customers. 

We have a guide here which details how to add a Google Map to a page on your store. 

Do feel free to let me know if this is what you are after, or if you have any questions. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Katy,

Thanks a lot. Yes, I'd like to add it to a "normal" page where i can add some text, but would like to have the same size/style/anything as the map on a normal main page has. Is this also possible with this method?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 39 86

Hi, @schmidti !

Thanks so much for your reply. Ah I see what you mean. Yes, this is possible to achieve. To do so, you would  just need to create a new page template. We have some info on how to set this up here

You can title this as page.map.liquid. For example:

17-25-ou9r0-z2g36

Once you have this template created, you can add the code for the map section {%section 'map'%} to this template, like so:

17-35-ub13e-4l8lz

You can then select this specific template for your preferred page. This can be done (as indicated in the above guide) within your admin > online store > pages:

17-45-t5vxl-xzrmt

I hope this helps - do feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Hey there, thanks that’s the solution I was looking for. I suck in writing Liquid so I thought It would be section.map but thanks a lot!!!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 39 86

You're very welcome, Paul - happy to help you out.

If you would like to explore Liquid that bit further, we have some helpful resources here:

I hope you find these helpful as you explore customizing and building out your store. Do however feel free to reach out at any stage. 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes