Google Merchant Center Product Requirements

tjw1735
3 0 0

How to add (On Shopify or whatever the easiest way) various item particulars ie color, size, etc required to get my product listed for sale on Google Merchant Center? I have attachment below but cannot find how to add these things inside of Shopify? What is easiest way to add the requirements to get listed on Google Merchant Center???

0 Likes
iGifterz
Tourist
16 0 1

It's unbelievable that this question has gone without an answer for so long.  The Shopify Product Page and the Google Shopping App together do a lot of that for you.  The attributes required by Google must either be in the variant section of your product page or added to the The Google Shopping App.  The app will capture info from both your entries in the app and what is in the variant section of your product pages.  The app is free but has a lot of quirks that you'll have to learn to get around over time.  

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
printsboutique
6 0 0

Did you ever get this figured out? I have the same issue. 

0 Likes
GSol
3 0 0

This is what worked for me.  Assuming the reader is using a laptop...

1. Add (Free but quirky) Google Shopping in the App Store
  2. Follow the set up steps
  3. Open a product that you'd like to add to Google Merchant Center
  4. Choose "Google Fields" from the "More Actions" drop down menu in the top right of the screen
  5. Add the content there.

As was shared before under a different profile, Google provides the required information for each type of product here.  It can be a bit scary at first, so here's an unofficial summary that I created and often reference. 

Required for All Products

These have red fonts on the link referenced above 

• Brand - Uses the entry in the "Vendor" Field under Organization on the right side of the product page screen
  • Condition - Entered in "Google Fields" choices are either new, refurbished or used
  • Material - Entered in "Google Fields"
  • MPN - Entered in "Google Fields"  This is the number that the vendor in bullet point one uses to reference a product 

Required for Apparel

• Age_Group - This field is looking for either, "newborn," "infant," "toddler," "kids," or "adult."
  • Color - Entered in "Google Fields" if it is not already in the "Variants" section of your product page.  Be sure the entry complies with the requirements for color at the link above for "color." 
  • Gender - Entered in "Google Fields," looking for "male," "female" or "unisex"
  • Size - Entered in "Google Fields" Please just search the page at the link above for "size" and read the required entry
0 Likes
GSol
3 0 0

The Google Product Category is also required for all products.  The Excel and txt links to those can be found on this page.

0 Likes