Google Search List Error, HTML Fix possible?

Solved
Tourist
4 1 0

When I go to site:alfanselect to see my store listing in Google Search I see a mistake. There is numbers and symbols in weird place and it shows up in the meat description. This is unacceptable. I asked Shopify for help. They said it was caused by the the app, SEO Optimizer by Booster Apps.  I downloaded from Shopify App Store, and then deleted it.  Shopify contact them for me, but they are not fixing it.  I am wondering if I can fix easily myself?  The listing is from the home page and the meta description and also on some other pages The problem looks like this: 

Discover Japan's Contemporary Fine Craft Gifts at ... You can see the 's...and when I go to the page, right click, and do inspect, I see the HTML and I see the the 39 there and right click and it seems I can edit the HTML.  Can I just simply DELETE the 39 and other things I don't want there and then resubmit to Google Console sitemap and that will do it?   Is it as easy as that or will I really screw things up?  I realize the funny numbers and symbols may be an  apostrophe  (as in "Japan's" )and I already removed the apostrophe in my original writing and resubmitted but it is still like that on the Google Searc and in the HTML on the page. Thank you. Karen
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1152 131 197

Just checked your HTML and everything is OK, so you should be good. Google still displays the old, cached version of your page. It might take days/weeks for the changes to propagate, definitely not an instant effect.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
4 1 0

Thank you!  Very very helpful!  Appreciate your kindness in answering!  Karen

0 Likes