Google ads script not in <head> section of thank you page. Impossible to edit!

Highlighted
Explorer
64 0 7

Hello, 

I hope everyone is doing fine in those times. 

Since 5 days I struggle with this issue and I can't find a solution with shopify chat support (help chat and emails).

Around 10 days ago I changed the google ads script in the shopify checkout page to have conversions more accurately tracked (settings>checkout>additional script). Five days later I noticed on google ads that the conversion action tracking status was still unverified even though I had conversions! So I reached out to google to help me. They inspected the html of my "thank you" page and told me that the script is not in the <head> section

So since it is not possible to edit the thank you page I reached out to shopify and everyday since 3 days I talked to someone else on the help chat and they can't fix the problem because it is not possible to access the core code of the checkout. 

they told me it is possible to hire an "expert" starting around 50$ (lol I could fix the code myself in 5 min if I had access to the html!!)

Can someone help me? (not someone from shopify please, I've had enough from them)

Ps: I tried to deleted the script in the settings>checkout>additional scripts did a test order and then added the script again and placed a new test order and checked the html source: script is still outside the <head> 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
87 10 20

hi John,

Hope you followed this tutorial to add the Google ads script.

Also, can you do a dummy order and when you reach on the thank you page, please open inspect element and take snapshot and paste here so we can help you better.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
64 0 7

Arun_Kumar

I did the tutorial. here are screenshots you asked: 

-html of thank you page from a test order

-screenshot of theme.liquid

-settings in checkout with additional scripts

I don't understand in the theme I placed the global tags inside the <head> section but on the thank you page it is still outside...

capture_html_thankyou_page.jpgcapture_html_theme.jpgcapture_settings_checkout_script.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
64 0 7

up, 

if someone can help; would be appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 10 20

Hey John,

Can you please try by putting those Google Ads script into the "online store" -> "preferences" -> "Additional Google Analytics JavaScript" section.
Please do let me know after that. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
64 0 7

that's exactly what shopify help told me to do and that's what I did. Now i am waiting to see what happens

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 10 20

Okay, 

please do let me know if it worked.
Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
64 0 7

thanks Arun

It didn't work, 

I am loosing patience, 

everyday I ask help for shopify help chat and everyday they ask me do to something else that doesnt work. It okay since they say they are not code experts but **bleep** I don't want to pay a nerd 50$ to change a line of code that will take him 5 min to do

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
64 0 7

Hello, here are the last screenshots of what is going on right now if someone can help it would be appreciated:

The conversions are not recorded:

capture_google_ads_conversion_unverified.jpg

The global site tag is in the head section:

capture_theme_liquid_global_tag_head.jpg

This is in online store>preferences>google analytics additional scripts: 

capture_google_analytics_javascript_tag.jpg

This is in settings>checkout>additional scripts:

capture_checkout_additional_script.jpg

This is the source code of the thank you page (the tag is not in the <head> section (2 screenshots): 

code-source-page.jpg

code_source_2.jpg

thank you if you have any idea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 10 20

You implemented it rightly and this should have worked like charm but very strange that the tracking status is still unverified. 

I think now you should talk to the Google Ads Script Support. They will surely let you know the solution.

1 Like