Google domain

katz1
3 0 0

hi there,

I recently upgraded from just using the Buy Button to moving my store entirely to Shopify. I connected my domain from Shopify and it seems to have connected. I am getting a security error when I try to go to my webpage but I expected that as I had read that it can take 48 hours to resolve. I was just hoping someone could confirm for me that there isn't anything else I have to change on the Google side of things (see image). I want to avoid waiting 48 hours just to find out things are set up wrong. I tried reading other posts regarding this but I get lost in the tech-ness of it, it's not clear to me at all : ) thanks in advance for any help!

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.43.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.49.06 PM.png

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1788 194 539

Hey there, @katz1 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Great question and congratulations on opening an Online Store with Shopify. I took a look at your screenshots (thank you so much for providing them) and all looks ok, apart from the A Record. The A Record should be pointing to 23.227.38.65 instead of 23.227.38.32. If you update this you should have your SSL Cert in 24-48 hours. You can read up more on this process here.

As you are starting out with the Online Store for the first time I just wanted to share our guide to Shopify themes here to help you get started. We also have this  YouTube playlist about getting started with themes which is super useful!   

As you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

If you have any questions at all, let me know! 

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes