Google shopping ads, new seller

Maryanne
Explorer
44 0 12

I am new to Shopify and coming from Etsy have never needed to manage google on my own so please help me.  
I created my google merchant center account and successfully linked it with my Shopify store. Here are my questions

1.  I failed to add the google category before and have now gone back and done so. Question - do I just add the category number or the entire description.    
2. I failed to add custom which I have now corrected.  

now that errors have been corrected I still only have partial approval because of

“warning
Limited performance due to missing identifiers [gtin, mpn, brand“
there is no brand, etc.... as items are unique
what do I need to do, do I need to resync, if so how.  All syncing instructions seem to be outdated. Thanks for any help.   Maryanne 

Replies 7 (7)

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

Hi -

1 - Re categories - you can do either but obviously just using the category number is usually easiest. Info from Google is here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324436?hl=en-GB . One thing to note is that Google is usually very good at automatically assigning the right category automatically so you may find that you don't even need to tell it a category (you can check the category it is assigning your products to in Merchant Centre)

2 - There is no need to 're-sync' that happens automatically (unless something goes wrong, in which case you unselect your products from the Google Shopping channel and then re-select them to force an update), so just give it time

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency
Maryanne
Explorer
44 0 12

Thank you.   I had a clear category which I bulk edited into my items.   I will give it another day to see if it automates then try your suggestion.  

Maryanne
Explorer
44 0 12

Can I get more help?  

I followed the instructions I received and have waited over a week I am still partially accepted by google shopping.  That means I do not show up in google shopping.  Can anyone help?

thank you 

additionally, is it even worth advertising on google when I can’t get my items properly linked to google shopping?

iGifterz
Excursionist
16 0 6

Hi Maryanne

Some time has passed since you posted these questions. Were you successful at getting past the warnings? Are your products now appearing in surfaces across Google? I am having the same problems, but am taking steps to clear the warnings (literally hourly as they pop up).

"do I just add the category number or the entire description"

Really, the category number is all that is required in that field. You'll notice should you go back to review your choices that the entire string is added simply based on the number you entered.

"what do I need to do, do I need to resync, if so how"

If you're using the Google Shopping App, it pushes out to Google Merchant Center hourly, right around half-past the hour for my store. That allows me to quickly address any issues that come up. And different ones seem to come up frequently. I'll be looking into the product page structured data shortly to see if any answers can be found there.

"additionally, is it even worth advertising on google when I can’t get my items properly linked to google shopping?"

I ran Google ads while going through these confusing exercises and got some conversions. They've since been turned off while these other issues get resolved. But they'll be turned on again once these issues are resolved. Meanwhile, trying to drive traffic using Pinterest.

Maryanne
Explorer
44 0 12

Thanks for responding.  No, I have not gotten past the error.  It has been since April 21 and there seems no matter what tweaks I make according to their rules nothing helps.  It just keeps being "waiting for final review".  I have written google, they tried to assist and basically gave up.  I have no clue what to do.

MarekBW
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

if you are new to Google Shopping Ads and you don't know how to set up your campaigns, please check this Shopify plugin for easy use. You can automate ads and they will create some pilot campaigns for you completely free. 

Have a nice day.

bentahr332
Visitor
2 0 0

Fullfilmen is one of the most exceptional warehousing groups based in China. We are devoted to assisting all big manufacturers to small e-commerce organizations help.