Grammatical Error in My Blogs Comment Section

Solved
FairyGodmother
5 0 0

In the comments form for each of my blog posts it says, "Leave A Comments" instead of just, "Leave a Comment". I have tried to access it to fix the mistake, but it seems the writing is hard coded into my website theme (Tartine home2 - I believe is the name). 

Does anyone know how I can fix this error? Simple mistakes like this can really make me lose credibility in the eyes of potential customers.

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

unfortunately I don't have the code of Tartine theme therefore I cannot give you precise instructions where to fix the code.

But you can try to follow this procedure:

1. Download the theme zip from the website where you bought it
  2. Unzip it inside a folder on your computer
  3. Install a code editor (I suggest you Visual Studio Code)
  4. In VS Code press File -> Open Folder and select the folder where you unzipped the theme
  5. Press Edit -> Find in Files and insert string Leave A Comments
  6. You should be able to find it and identify the file where it is defined
  7. At this point you can go to your Shopify backend (you can also read this guide if it the first time you edit code Editing theme code)
  8. Make a backup of your them by clicking Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Duplicate
  9. Click on Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit code
  10. Click on the file you previous identified using Visual Studio and change the string as you prefer

If you need please post the piece of code you identified.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
FairyGodmother
5 0 0

This worked! Thank you so much for this response!

0 Likes

You are welcome!

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 17 20

Hey @FairyGodmother,

Finley from Shopify here. I'm glad to hear that drakedev's method worked for you!

I thought I'd also point out that you may be interested in using the Language Editor where possible, for future changes to the wording of your theme.

How to reach the language editor?

1. Open your Shopify admin and navigate to the Online Store section
  2. Select Themes from the menu below
  3. Next to the theme you'd like to edit, click Actions and then Edit languages
  4. Click on the tab you'd like to edit, in your case, there is a Blog tab
  5. Edit the text you'd like to change and click Save on the top right-hand corner once finished

Here's an example of how you can edit the "Leave a comment" wording in the Blogs tab:

20-10-sa2rg-wvm30.

The language editor is a great tool to use to make changes to the wording of your website to suit your brand best.

Examples of Blogs run by other businesses

Because you're currently working on your blog, I wanted to share our article on 8 Brilliant Blogs Run by Ecommerce Stores.

This walks through how to write blog posts that add value and address the wants and needs of your customers. Alongside this, you'll see examples of how other businesses are achieving this.

If you prefer to watch a video, we also have a wonderful YouTube video on this subject.

As always, please feel free to reach out if there's anything we can clarify further.

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes