Grid Theme - Icon "Coming Soon" - Cookies

Solved
milkitrain
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello, 

I have purchased the theme "Grid" and I would like to know how I can create an Icon for "coming soon" instead of having an icon "sold out" for products that will arrive soon when I put 0 in my inventory please, on my products pages.

Also, when I go on my website, I can't see anywhere a banner that ask the user if she/he accepts the cookies. How do I implement that please?

Thanks!

Josephine

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1075 120 169

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @milkitrain,

Hank here from Shopify!

This can be done within the Shopify admin in your theme editor! I will list the steps below, but also give you additional steps to consider.

Start by going to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages within your Shopify admin. Next, you will see a filter translations search box at the top of the page. Type in sold out into this box, and you will see a few headings to change. Type coming soon into the relevant options and save, like the below.06-37-75ih4-otm6d

Once you press save, refresh your website to see the changes you just made!

If your theme does not have this option, you can also reach out to your theme developer to further assist with this. As you are using a third-party theme, Shopify would not support this, but your theme developer would have full access to your theme files.

The first option should be there for you within the grid theme, so you may not need to reach out to your developers for this action. 

Let me know how you get on or if you have any other questions for me!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
milkitrain
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Hank,

Thanks so much! It worked :).

Could you please help me with the cookies as well?

Thanks,

Josephine

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1075 120 169

Great to hear Josephine!

Do you mean an image of cookies or something similar? That would need to be done via some sort of coding I would expect.

For that, you would be best to reach out to your theme developer like above, or hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store. If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you!

0 Likes
milkitrain
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Hank,

I was talking about something like the picture attached.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 09.39.40.png

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1075 120 169

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for clarifying! 

Automatically cookies would be active on your storefront but if you want more of a banner type or notification, you are best to use an app for that. This is more common for EU based stores and GDPR related queries, but there are many you can choose from.

That banner is more to do with browser safety settings of customers, but the apps will give your customers more of an overview for instance.

0 Likes
milkitrain
Tourist
7 0 1

Ooh ok thanks Hank so as an e-store based in HK we wouldn't have to display that banner.

Thank you!

Josephine

0 Likes
Raisa_27
7 0 0

Hi Hank,

It worked but how can we remove the Price? since its coming soon we don't have yet the prices. 

Thanks

Raisa

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1075 120 169

Great question, Raisa!

Hiding the price of your products can be done by editing your currency formatting within your admin (Settings > General > Store currency > Change formatting).

If that is not what you are looking for, can you tell me a bit more and I'll assist you further!

0 Likes
Raisa_27
7 0 0
Hi Hank,

If done through the general settings then all prices for the items/products will be removed.

I mean only for those items/products with coming soon tag shouldnt have a price, how can we hide them in homepage,collection and product page?

Thank you!
0 Likes