HELP Products being put on sale and weights changed automatically

1 0 0

HELP. We thought someone had hacked our accounts and was changing our prices and resetting weights back to zero. We changed our passwords and kicked all devices out. I went through and fixed all the products and thought the problem was solved. But I just went through and saw that all the weights have been changed back to zero again. It doesn't seem to be a hack but I have no idea why this is happening. Can anyone help with this? I am waiting on the help desk but it's an hour and a half wait. Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
769 70 102

Hey, @WaveRiding.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Sorry to hear that this is happening to your store. I'm glad that you're able to change the passwords and recover your accounts.

There are third-party apps that can sync with your store's inventory and make changes/updates to the product details. Did you notice any new app(s) installed or apps that you didn't recognize?

If not, you'll also want to check on your private apps. Private apps are similar to public apps, both are capable of reading and writing changes to your store, which may give the impression that your store was hacked. However, you'll be able to control the permissions granted to private apps.

To check if there are any private apps installed on your store, simply navigate to your Apps. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a link to 'Manage private apps':

Let me know if this is able to help you find the cause of the issue? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes