Solved

What can be done to resolve an HTML error on Shopify?

Fayyaz
Visitor
2 0 1

html errorhtml error I Got this error do not know how to fix it please help

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing a screenshot of the error message you are seeing in your store's theme editor. I know that troubleshooting errors in your theme can be tricky.

Because Debutify is not a Shopify free theme, my support is limited, but I can definitely provide you some troubleshooting steps you can start with until you are able to get expert help.

First thing to do is create a duplicate of your theme file. This is to allow us to have a safe recovery point while we attempt to correct any changes. We highly recommend duplicating your theme file before making any coding changes or installing any new apps. To duplicate your theme file you will sign into your store admin and go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Duplicate. Rename the duplicate file so you know which one is which. Once done, let's review some important information for troubleshooting.

When troubleshooting your theme file, there are a few things to consider:

• When did you notice the error message?

Knowing when the error first appeared can help us isolate what may have caused the issue to begin with. If it appeared shortly after installing an app or making a change, we can disable the app or roll back our coding change to reverse the error.

• Did you recently install any apps on your store?

Uninstalling and ensuring that any injected code from app you are using is disabled is a valid troubleshooting step. If you aren't sure what app may have caused this issue, disabling and removing recently installed apps one by one will allow you to isolate what app could be causing this issue.

If you are unsure what apps were recently installed (or uninstalled) you can reach out to our live support for a list of those apps: Contact Live Support.

• Did you make any coding changes yourself?

If yes, you will want to try removing or commenting out the code changes you made. You can also try rolling back your theme code to an earlier version. Rolling back the theme code to earlier dates can be incredibly helpful in correcting errors like the one you are seeing!

Help Center - Editing Your Theme Code

• Have you inspected the live store using your browser's inspect tool?

While not a guarantee, using your browser's inspect tool may allow you to see what is broken. Even if you aren't sure what it is exactly, it can help isolate where you need to look.

Lastly, in a worst case scenario you can import a fresh version of your theme file or consider hiring an expert to help you correct any issues you are experiencing. Our Expert Marketplace and our community forums here are a great place to find a developer to help you with your website.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the information I shared here.

Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing a screenshot of the error message you are seeing in your store's theme editor. I know that troubleshooting errors in your theme can be tricky.

Because Debutify is not a Shopify free theme, my support is limited, but I can definitely provide you some troubleshooting steps you can start with until you are able to get expert help.

First thing to do is create a duplicate of your theme file. This is to allow us to have a safe recovery point while we attempt to correct any changes. We highly recommend duplicating your theme file before making any coding changes or installing any new apps. To duplicate your theme file you will sign into your store admin and go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Duplicate. Rename the duplicate file so you know which one is which. Once done, let's review some important information for troubleshooting.

When troubleshooting your theme file, there are a few things to consider:

• When did you notice the error message?

Knowing when the error first appeared can help us isolate what may have caused the issue to begin with. If it appeared shortly after installing an app or making a change, we can disable the app or roll back our coding change to reverse the error.

• Did you recently install any apps on your store?

Uninstalling and ensuring that any injected code from app you are using is disabled is a valid troubleshooting step. If you aren't sure what app may have caused this issue, disabling and removing recently installed apps one by one will allow you to isolate what app could be causing this issue.

If you are unsure what apps were recently installed (or uninstalled) you can reach out to our live support for a list of those apps: Contact Live Support.

• Did you make any coding changes yourself?

If yes, you will want to try removing or commenting out the code changes you made. You can also try rolling back your theme code to an earlier version. Rolling back the theme code to earlier dates can be incredibly helpful in correcting errors like the one you are seeing!

Help Center - Editing Your Theme Code

• Have you inspected the live store using your browser's inspect tool?

While not a guarantee, using your browser's inspect tool may allow you to see what is broken. Even if you aren't sure what it is exactly, it can help isolate where you need to look.

Lastly, in a worst case scenario you can import a fresh version of your theme file or consider hiring an expert to help you correct any issues you are experiencing. Our Expert Marketplace and our community forums here are a great place to find a developer to help you with your website.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the information I shared here.

Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Fayyaz
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks you saved me, In my case solutions was to roll back theme code, 

Really appreciate your help.

By the way Debutify Support is very poor,still they don't reply to my issue.