HTML editor in Product pages stripping the <!-- split --> tag

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

This started about 2pm yesterday, across multiple browsers. Essentially when I open a product page to make a content edit, and switch to the code edit (versus visual), the <!-- split --> tag is removed, which breaks our product page layout. I can re-add it each time and save, and it will publish properly, but upon re-opening the product page in edit, it strips it again. I can tyr to simply remember that every time I make a product page edit, I have to re-add that tag, but I have to think something is causing the issue in the backend. Not sure if there was some kind of update to TinyMCE that may have broken this (since it seems to not be a browser issue). Has anyone else experienced this over the past day?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes, this is something that changed yesterday afternoon. It's autostripping the  <!-- split --> tag every time the 'Show HTML' is toggled, prompting a save which then breaks the page's layout. The split still works when put back in, but the editor automatically removes it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks! Does anyone know if that's something flagged to be "fixed", or going forward is that just an issue we'll have to deal with?

0 Likes