Having problems connecting my shopify store to my facebook shop

Neicy
Tourist
6 0 4

I have 2 business pages on Facebook: a primary and a shop. I created the Commerce Account and Facebook Shop on Facebook. I wanted to sell my products from my Shopify store but I wound up with my product inventory appearing on the Shop panel of my primary business page because of the options I chose when creating the Commerce Account.

On shopify, I ran the Facebook setup (Sell Your Products On Facebook) on the Sales channel. When I click on the Create New button in the Commerce Account section I get a message saying "You can only have one Commerce account per Facebook Page. We will delete your old Commerce Account and create a new one". After clicking Create New button, I get the following message: "We couldn't create a Commerce Account because your Catalog already has one connected. Contact Facebook to help you resolve this issue." The setup deleted my Commerce Account on Facebook.

I have been working with Facebook support since the beginning of October to resolve this issue. Currently, the only catalog that appears in my Facebook Business Manager is Shopify. This morning I was told to contact Shopify support for additional help.

My Shopify Store is still under development. 1) How do I remove my Shopify catalog that appears on facebook so I can run the Facebook setup on shopify to create a new Commerce Account? 2) How to I then connect the Shopify catalog to my Facebook Shop page?

Thanks so much for your time and attention.

Replies 11 (11)

Neicy
Tourist
6 0 4

I finally received instructions from Commerce Facebook Concierge Support to resolve my issue. I've included the instructions below:

1. Sign onto FB and enter facebook.com/products 2. Select the catalog you want to delete. 3. Go to settings and select catalog 4.Scroll down to Delete Catalog and select Delete 

The instructions came with the following note: Before you delete the catalog, kindly make sure that you no longer need that Catalog. If you would like to keep the Catalog (eg you may be running optimized Ads from it), kindly inform me, so I can assist further.

Leslie_G
Tourist
9 0 2

I've the same Problems. Did those Steps solved the problem? And how do i export the Catalog before deleting it? 
Thank you very much.

Neicy
Tourist
6 0 4
Hi Leslie,

Yes, this resolved my issue. I did not have to export my facebook catalog
before deleting. When I connected shopify to my new facebook page, my
shopify catalog was automatically moved to facebook.

Hope this helps.
Leslie_G
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Neicy. How long will it take until i can connect facebook to shopify after deleting the catalog. It's been 10 minutes and the warning still appears.

Neicy
Tourist
6 0 4
I connected my catalog from the Facebook channel in Shopify. Since I did
not have many products in my catalog, it only took a few minutes.
Leslie_G
Tourist
9 0 2

Mhh, I cant move on. It still shows me the message in the commerce account section: "We couldn't create a Commerce Account because your Catalog already has one connected. Contact Facebook to help you resolve this issue."

I'm so confused.

Neicy
Tourist
6 0 4
When you bring up your Commerce Account on Facebook, there should be 0
items in your catalog.

What do you see?
Leslie_G
Tourist
9 0 2

There is only 1 Catalog left from my other facebook page, but the other page which i want connect to shopify has no Catalog connected anymore. 

Neicy
Tourist
6 0 4
I think you can only have 1 Commerce Account per business.
Leslie_G
Tourist
9 0 2

Isnt it one commerce account per page? 

SassyDepot
Tourist
16 0 3

Hi there, 

I am having the same issue, when I want to remove the catalog I get a message that I shoud do it on Shopify

Can you help with this.