Heeeeelp!! Our website is down for no reason!

Mobashir
3 0 0
Hello, I am Mo Oumha,   please we have been working on an initiative project called Berlin virtual Christmas market the URL is: https://berlin-virtual-christmas-market-2020.myshopify.com/ everything was working fine suddenly the website went down and it's still down right now, you can type the URL to understand. As a web developer and an e-commerce agency owner I recommend my clients to use Shopify but when we started working on this amazing project to support artists the website suddenly went down for no reason! we didn't get any notification or warning from Shopify and the website is down! I feel shame in front of my clients and i don't know how to respond. please can you tell me what is the problem and make this an urgent to-do-list! I am thinking to get my own server and build my own E-commerce platform to avoid those problems. -will you solve the problem or shall we start building another website using another solution? -what is the problem exactly? -how long will it take to solve the problem? can I get a backup for the website so I can build another alternative store? Note: i can pay for anything! anything !!! just please solve the problem and i promise that i will never use Shopify again! Regards Mo Oumha, web developer and UX designer. --
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

Hi, @Mobashir.

Sophia here from Shopify.

I understand the urgency of getting this resolved, and I'm here to help. In order to find out what caused this error message to appear, we will need to authenticate the account. Have you been in touch with Shopify Support elsewhere already (via live chat, email, or a phone call)? If so, please share your ticket number here and I'll make sure it's in the right hands.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mobashir
3 0 0
Dear Sophia, Writing this behalf of Ashwin, founder of Berlin Virtual Christmas Market, Our 20 volunteers, Partners, And 100+ vendors, We are writing this e-mail in extreme grief and frustration. A bit of what we are doing might bring some light to the problem/ We are not a 'business' . We are a bunch of volunteers who came forward to help vendors who lost a platform to sell their products this Christmas season, with the closure of Christmas markets in Germany. WE DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY FROM VENDORS. Nor make any profit. This is strictly non-profit, and a short term 'event' only lasting till Jan 20. With 2 days before Christmas, the Website platform we relied on, one of the finest 'Shopify' has shut us down with any prior information/notice, nor after hours of contacting cannot provide the reason for why this has happened. I understand from a risk analyst point of you, you were supposed to contact your customer, 'us' to notify what specific feature in our website posed a threat or discomfort anybody. Rather this was helping hundreds to repay their loans for their small business, and finally, get things going. You are not just letting us down, you are letting an entire community, and should be ashamed of what has happened. Due to this incident, we lost the opportunity to partner with our hero influencers on Christmas day as we do not have a site even preview. The entire dashboard itself is wiped out! On a final note, if you really do care for social causes/and your customers, you will at least give us temporary access tour account to convert all the sleepless night's hard work in 2 weeks to another platform. Whatever your response may be, We are sharing the entire loop of communications with our vendor community, many of them who uses Shopify, and let them know how you crushed an initiative that was supposed to help hundreds of small vendors. God Bless.
0 Likes
Mobashir
3 0 0

Writing this behalf of Ashwin, founder of Berlin Virtual Christmas Market, Our 20 volunteers, Partners, And 100+ vendors, 

We are writing this e-mail in extreme grief and frustration. A bit of what we are doing might bring some light to the problem/

We are not a 'business' . We are a bunch of volunteers who came forward to help vendors who lost a platform to sell their products this Christmas season, with the closure of Christmas markets in Germany. WE DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY FROM VENDORS. Nor make any profit. 

This is strictly non-profit, and a short term 'event' only lasting till Jan 20. With 2 days before Christmas, the Website platform we relied on, one of the finest 'Shopify' has shut us down with any prior information/notice, nor after hours of contacting cannot provide the reason for why this has happened. 

I understand from a risk analyst point of you, you were supposed to contact your customer, 'us' to notify what specific feature in our website posed a threat or discomfort anybody. Rather this was helping hundreds to repay their loans for their small business, and finally, get things going. 

You are not just letting us down, you are letting an entire community, and should be ashamed of what has happened. Due to this incident, we lost the opportunity to partner with our hero influencers on Christmas day as we do not have a site even preview. The entire dashboard itself is wiped out!

On a final note, if you really do care for social causes/and your customers, you will at least give us temporary access tour account to convert all the sleepless night's hard work in 2 weeks to another platform. 

Whatever your response may be, We are sharing the entire loop of communications with our vendor community, many of them who uses Shopify, and let them know how you crushed an initiative that was supposed to help hundreds of small vendors.

God Bless.
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

The Berlin Virtual Christmas Market sounds like a really unique organization, and I appreciate the care and concern they have for their community.

This message looks like it might have been a reply to an email. Are you already in touch with Shopify Support via email? If so please share the ticket number here so I can take a look into what's going on. I'm not able to authenticate the account over the forums here, so I'll need the ticket number to investigate. Thank you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes