Help! Option to add photos to variants has disappeared

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

There used to be an option to choose a photo for each variant. Where has that option gone? Obviously there have been some updates to the interface, as this is one of a few changes I have noticed. Please help! Thanks so much!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
129 11 19

Hey there, @new_shop_owner 

There are a couple of ways you can upload a specific photo to a variant. The easiest way, from your admin, is to go into the product and click on the variant image thumbnail. This will open up a window where you can assign an already uploaded image or upload a new one. HERE is a screenshot of what it will look like.

Let me know if that helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

Thanks so much for the quick reply, Dirk! That is exactly what I'm used to seeing, but that option isn't showing up anymore. Please see my screenshot. Any idea what has happened? I'm in Firefox.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 1.54.01 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

Is anyone able to help with this? I think there may be an error in the latest version of Shopify. I don't know why else the image option would have disappeared? It's not my browser. I'm seeing the same issue in Chrome.

I have new products to upload, but it's all pointless if I can't connect each variant to its graphic. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 2

I can see the option to add/remove/change images on my old product variants, but that option is gone when I try to add a new product (as you can see from my screenshot). Tomorrow was supposed to be my grand opening but I have to finish adding products. Can anyone help me? Am I posting this in the right place?

0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
11 1 2

I was able to get the help I needed via chat :) The image option doesn't show up until after you SAVE the product you're working on. LOL - so simple!! Thank you Shopify Support!

0 Likes