Help Removing Images Added To Varients Of Product Still Showing On Product Page

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Hello all, we are in the process of building on Shopify store and have ran into a hiccup.
I added an image to a product variant but decided to change the photo. After I updated the product variant photo the old photo is still visible on the page.

The photo is not in the media section of the product admin page, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to remove it.

Attached are photos showing my issue.

*Original Photo Just Showed Boxes, New Photo Shows Boxes W/ "Heavy Duty" On The Image"Product Page Showing Both ImagesProduct Page Showing Both ImagesProduct Page Showing Both ImagesProduct Page Showing Both ImagesVarient Image Choosing PageVarient Image Choosing PageAdmin Page Showing Media SectionAdmin Page Showing Media Section

(First time posting - if this is the incorrect group to post this in please lead me to the correct section)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
433 56 67

@RTL-Packaging ,

You can delete the media from product admin page, please see below an example

shopi1.png

Selection box will come when you hover over the media image on upper left corner

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

@Propero 

Thanks for the quick response!
Unfortunately the image that I am wanting to remove is not in the media section of the admin page.

The only place the image appears on the admin page is in the update variant image section, but even then the image is not selected but still showing on the front facing product page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
433 56 67

@RTL-Packaging ,

It is surprising, if the problem is important and to be resolved, you may add me as staff and I can check by login in. You may share the store URL through direct message and I can send collaborator request 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

So I seemed to have found a work around.
I copied the product but did not copy the photos, on the copied product I only uploaded the photos that we want. Once I confirmed that the photos on the website looked correct on the copied product page I deleted the original product page that was having an issue.

This work around seemed to have solved the issue, but if I run into something similar I will reach out!
Thanks again @Propero 

0 Likes