Help updating to 2020-07 API version from 2019-04 version

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having a hard time updating the new Shopify’s API requirements within our unpublished app, due to not knowing what exactly needs to be changed in the code.

I have worked with APIs in the past, but I’m relatively new to Shopify. My current understanding is that Shopify updates their APIs requirements every quarter.

The step I need to take is updating the REST Admin API Webhook and Paginated Requests. I've already read through the Shopify docs and made some changes but it's still unable to make any API requests.

So I was hoping if anyone would be able to help me, by pointing me to the right direction for guidance as to what exactly and where the new API requirements need to be implemented in the code.

Thank you,

-- Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Kevin,

Just sent you a message with my email. I can take a look and see for you.

Depending on the scope of your unpublished app it could just be fixing the pagination to work with the new next/prev page tokens instead of using the old way of requesting a specific page + number of rows. It might require more updates though as you haven't updated in over a year.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ed,

Thanks so much for reaching out,

The unpublished app uses Ruby on Rails. The links to the docs in which I was able to gather information are the following:

I will also include screen shots of the changes I've made so far and changes that still needs to be made:
changed from page: to page_infochanged from page: to page_infochanged from page: to page_infochanged from page: to page_infoNo changes yetNo changes yetNo changes yetNo changes yet

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

You need to get and pass in the next page token to `page_info` not the next page number(ie index + 1).

See this for some info on migrating using ruby api: https://github.com/Shopify/shopify_api#pagination

You'd get rid of the number of pages and switch to the while loop instead.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 4 3

Hello,

if you are doing it in BASH then i can help you. 

can you please tell me what kind of orders you want. i will send you one script here you just need to run it on BASH. 

it will automatically pick next page.

Thanks

0 Likes