Help with changing thumbnail shown in google search?

Ellibelle
Excursionist
20 0 8

Hello all,

For some reason, each time I search for my site on google the thumbnail image changes randomly (see image). I wish to have a permanent image of my brand logo rather than google keep changing to a random image?

Can anyone help with this, please?

Site name - ellibellejewellery.co.uk

image.jpeg

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 13 13

Hi @Ellibelle!

Ivy here from Shopify.

For the Google Shopping thumbnail, only the first variant image of a product will be published to Google Shopping, as Google Shopping will directs a customer directly to that product page. There is a third-party app however that claims to allow you to select the second image for Google Shopping, check it out here. 

As for changing the image shown for sharing on Social media, this is slightly different. To change this, follow the steps as outlined below: 

1 - From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.

2 - Click the Customize button besides the theme that you want to edit.

3 - Once you're redirected to the theme editor page, click the "Theme settings" tab.

4 - Click the Social media button.

5 - Under the "Social sharing image" area, click the Select image button and either choose an image to use or upload a new image.

16-35-lnhpc-6popl

6 - Hit Save.

It can take a few days to  weeks for these changes to be reflected but you can attempt to speed up that process by refreshing your information using the Facebook Sharing Debugger tool. Have you done much SEO work on your store? How do you feel things are going at the minute? Is there anything you'd like to improve or change? 

Thanks, Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes