Hi it shows error Theme cannot be previewed because it's missing one of these required files: layout

1 0 0

Hi, it shows after checkout "

Theme cannot be previewed because it's missing one of these required files: layout/theme.liquid, config/settings_schema.json

and I can not deal with it, I have check everything and its ok, can you please help me. My website www.vizfe.com . Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am having a similar issue. My website is using the Loft theme and I have been receiving alot of customers that have not been properly checking out. I ran a diagnostics on my Shopify to see if there were any issues and ran into the same problem. The following tab pops up as 

Theme cannot be previewed because it's missing one of these required files: layout/theme.liquid, config/settings_schema.json

I even redownloaded my default theme, reset my store layout, checkout processes, and can see the checkout through the customization tab. However, Chrome will still pop up the error. I've tried it through other outlets like Safari, Firefox, even a second laptop and my phone but it's not working for MAC Chrome.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes