Hide Navigation Menu Item Until Customer Is Logged Into Approved account

EIVapeDenny
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

I am trying to hide portion of our navigation menu until a customer is logged into an approved account. We are a B2B business and need to hide certain products from the home page/rest of the site until a customer is logged into an approved account. I have been looking at apps that allow you to hide products and collections on the home page and from search until a customer is logged in, but I am unable to find anything that will allow us to hide a part of our navigation menu until the customer is logged in. We are currently using the "Warehouse" theme.

The app that I have tried using is the "B2B Login To Access Pages" app, though it seems that this app does not work to hide items from poppin up in the search, though this is a separate issue entirely..

Replies 5 (5)

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

Hi @EIVapeDenny 

yes, that should be possible. How exactly do you define the "approved"-status? That's the main question. The task itself sounds pretty straightforward and not too much work. Have you taken a look at Locksmith yet?

Mario

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
EIVapeDenny
Tourist
6 0 1

We would be using an app called "Advanced Registration" to control the accounts on the site. 

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

I don’t know that App, so I’m not sure if they expose the information necessary to the theme layer. If they do, it’s not rocket science. 

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
EIVapeDenny
Tourist
6 0 1

The way the app works, the customer will not be able to log in until we approve their registration. So basically the code to hide the category could be written in such a way, if a customer is logged in on an account tagged with a chosen tag they can see the hidden menu items.

Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
172 26 105

Hi @EIVapeDenny!

I echo the previous suggestion for Locksmith. With the Locksmith app you can easily hide certain menu items in the store's navigation (and search results) based on customer tags. Here's an example of the settings for hiding a product:

Image 2021-01-13 at 3.49.13 PM.jpg

Kyle W | Helium
Helium builds apps that thousands of merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (300+ reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (200+ reviews)