Hide my own visits in my own store

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 5

Hey,

can I hide/exclude my own visits in my store in the analytics tab? I mean when I visit my store through my domain can I hide/exclude that in my statistics? Also can I hide/exclude my checkouts, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 32

Hi, @ilja!

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with this question. 

To hide your own visits in the 'Analytics'  section of your admin, just make sure that you're logged in to your Shopify admin in the same browser window or session that's being used to view your live site. As long as you're logged in to your admin in the same window or browser, all of your own visits will be excluded from the Traffic reports in 'Analytics'

However, if you're using a browser that isn't logged in to your Shopify admin, or if you're browsing in a private window - by using Incognito mode on Chrome, for example - then your visits to your own site will be reflected in your store's reports. 

In terms of hiding your own checkouts, is this in regard to your own abandoned checkouts? Or, are you placing test orders, or actual orders on your site?

Please let me know what type of checkout you're hoping to hide, and I'll be glad to see what options we have. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Excursionist
37 0 5

Hey @Rae,

thank you for your answer. I meant the statistics about the times somebody added an item to cart or reached checkout. If I am logged in as an admin in shopify and reach in the same browser or window the checkout of my site will it hide it from the statistics, too?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 32

Hi, @ilja!

Thank you for getting back to me with these details. 

Can you please confirm for me which specific report you're looking at to gather these details? 

While the 'Abandoned Checkouts'  section of the admin outlines the time that a checkout was initiated, it doesn't show the time that a product was added into the cart. If payment was attempted on the checkout, the time that the customer tried to add payment will be shown in the 'History'  of the abandoned checkout at the bottom of the page. More details on this can be found here.

If you're logged in to your admin in the same browser that you use to create your own abandoned checkout on your site, your checkout will still appear in the 'Abandoned Checkouts'  screen within your admin. However, this checkout can be archived by selecting the checkout, and clicking 'Actions > Archive checkouts', as shown here: 

16-10-ott3w-qo7xi.jpg

If you're referring to the data within a specific traffic report instead, please let me know the name of the report you're using and I can certainly help look into your question further. 

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like